Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu

Why are so many channels "currently unavailable"?

WeinerDog
Contributor
Contributor

Why are so many channels "currently unavailable"?

Message 1 of 3
(4,675 Views)

At least 1/2 of the channels over 100 come on for 5 seconds with no sound then go black and say "channel currently unavailable".  Is this just happening to  me?

Between the DVR recording every episode of every series I ask for, making the odd little recordings and having less than 1/2 the channels available I'm really, really, really losing patience with Verizon.

2 REPLIES 2
TheSanchez
Silver Contributor I
Silver Contributor I

Re: Why are so many channels "currently unavailable"?

Message 2 of 3
(4,667 Views)
Usually a signal issue(could be other things).  You should call in and report it.  It's about a 15 minute wait right now though. 

TheSanchez
Verizon Telecom
Verizon Content Management Center

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supercede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

CMO
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: Why are so many channels "currently unavailable"?

Message 3 of 3
(4,552 Views)

@WeinerDog wrote:

At least 1/2 of the channels over 100 come on for 5 seconds with no sound then go black and say "channel currently unavailable".  Is this just happening to  me?

Between the DVR recording every episode of every series I ask for, making the odd little recordings and having less than 1/2 the channels available I'm really, really, really losing patience with Verizon.

Try unplugging the DVR for a minute and see if that resolves it for now.  It works for me.  I have to do it about every other day though or else it will start to mess with my recordings.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title