Why are some BBC America episodes on VOD only offered in SD and not HD?
NYC-Guy
Enthusiast - Level 3

Why are some BBC America shows on VOD only offered in SD and not HD? Case in point is Copper; when you select an episode you are usually offered a choice between viewing the show in either SD or HD. However some episodes are only offered in SD which is not the ideal way to view anything on a HD 1080 widescreen TV. In fact it is annoying!!!

0 Likes
Re: Why are some BBC America episodes on VOD only offered in SD and not HD?
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

All the content providers choice, in this case BBC America.   I know some providers sometimes provide the HD content later than the SD version.

0 Likes
NYC-Guy
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would tend to agree with your statement, however in this particular case what has happened is not logical. Episodes 206, 208 & 210 are offered in both HD & SD. However episodes 207 & 209 are only offered in SD.

0 Likes
Rholin

And somehow Brighthouse manages to have ALL of their content in HD. Please, by all the gods ever written about give me a reason not to call those soul suckers and renew my account.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not see any problem with BBC America in 2015.  Remember original post was in 2013.

Expect this thread to get locked as its old.

0 Likes
Jowls1
Enthusiast - Level 2

and why are some shows on hd but not listed in sd (the default guide). why do some shows list 2-3 episodes one day and the next offer only one?

this is across board, every channel that is watched in my household at some point in time has this problem.Cat Frustrated

when wanting to watch a missed show on vod. 

0 Likes