Why Can't a DVR Be Set to Record a PROGRAM Rather Than a TIME SLOT?
JimH21
Enthusiast - Level 1

This has become a real **bleep** - Sunday evening CBS programs most specifically, but I've had it happen with other networks and programs. I fail to see, with all the computing power and technical prowess available to our  providers and programmers, why a DVR can't be set to record a PROGRAM rather than a TIME SLOT!

Even last weekend, when Elementary was SCHEDULED for 10:30 to 11:30, the PM football games ran long, so everything from 60 minutes to Madam Secretary ran long, and Elementary started around 10:45, so of course, we lost the last 15 minutes of it.  

This is stupid.  It needs to be fixed. For everybody, not just FIOS subscribers. DVRs need to be designed to record more intelligently than a 1983 vintage VCR, dontcha'think?

Re: Why Can't a DVR Be Set to Record a PROGRAM Rather Than a TIME SLOT?
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

All providers have this issue.

They use a commercial TV guide service.

There isn't a feasible way for them to send updates to the millions of boxes letting them know the times of the shows have changed.

If you want to complain to anyone, try channels that carry the content or the leagues that control the games.

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

THIS WORKS FOR ME

0 Likes
dcamarra
Enthusiast - Level 2

I get around this by scheduling everything to run with a longer end time on the nights that football will interfear.

Solves the problem

0 Likes