why do so many shows end at 10:01?
krwhitaker

I have 2 things at 9 and 2 things at 10, yet there's a conflict. On closer inspectioin, one of my 9:00 shows ends at 10:01.

Why can't I adjust the ending time to 10:00?

Why can't you automatically ask me if that's what I want???

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: why do so many shows end at 10:01?
PJL
Master - Level 3

@krwhitaker wrote:

I have 2 things at 9 and 2 things at 10, yet there's a conflict. On closer inspectioin, one of my 9:00 shows ends at 10:01.

Why can't I adjust the ending time to 10:00?

Why can't you automatically ask me if that's what I want???

When you set a recording using the guide, it automatically uses the time in the program data provided to Verizon for the IMG from the content provider.  If you set the recording up manually you can set the end time for what you wish.  If you set the recording up as part of a series you can set the series to end 1 minute early (or 5, etc.). 

Who is "you?"  This is a peer-to-peer forum. 

The machine isn't smart enough to know that you may want something other than the programs as defined in the program guide, and if it prompted you by asking it would have to ask everyone for every recording everytime a recording is set using the program guide.  And that would be a huge inconvenience for everyone else who just wants to set a recording and not be bothered by a prompt that mostly has no meaning to them (in my opinion of course).

0 Likes
Re: why do so many shows end at 10:01?
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

On top of what PJL said, if you end it early, you will miss the alst minute of the show.

Content providers adjust their times because they know that people won't switch over until their current show ends.

And then maybe won't go to another channel as that show has already started.

TBS was famous for having their shows at 5 minutes after the hour.

DVRs have all but eliminated that concern.
Especially if you can get one with 4-6 tuners.

0 Likes