Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu

why is my tv losing picture for a few seconds and going black. every show I watched last night

onaldodd2
Contributor
Contributor

why is my tv losing picture for a few seconds and going black. every show I watched last night

Message 1 of 4
(8,360 Views)

3 REPLIES 3
Emissary35
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: why is my tv losing picture for a few seconds and going black. every show I watched last night

Message 2 of 4
(8,331 Views)

This happens to me all of the time.  I have no idea what it is, the picture and sound cut out completely and the screen goes black for almost a full second then everything resumes.  It's really annoying.  Also my on demand video keeps messing up as of late and I dont know the cause of that either.  All in all the tv service could be better.

junkmail4ever
Contributor
Contributor

Re: why is my tv losing picture for a few seconds and going black. every show I watched last night

Message 3 of 4
(8,289 Views)

I have the same issue with one of my DVRs (I have 2). Last night it would not respond for 10 minutes. I have reset the box through the Support quick help several times. it does not help. I am using the HDMI connection for output. Moved the box to another TV and could not get HDMI to work.

This has been going on for a while and getting worse.

If there is a fix I'd like to hear.

greg_m5
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 4 of 4
(8,250 Views)

You need probably need a new set top box. We had the same issue with one of our DVR's. Verizon tech support sent us a new DVR and it did not have the problem.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title