Why is this so difficult?
mcornell
Enthusiast - Level 1

Had an issue with my Fios TV on Saturday 9/24.  Called support, obviously ridiculous wait time even after struggling through the automated phone menu.  I then decided to do live chat on the web site.  The person was very nice, seemed reasonably knowledgeable, but they were unable to help so they would send out a tech on Tuesday..OK no problem.  The Tech was actually free so that he showed up later on Saturday afternoon.  He did his magic and the channels that weren't working start working...Nice Job!

After he leaves I had to put my equipment back in my cabinet (I had to pull it out so I could turn it over and get the S/N of the box).  When I plug the DVR back in I get the fan pulsing and nothing else, so I unplug and re-plug.  The DVR boots, but I'm thinking that that was odd.  The next morning the kids come down and turn on the TV, but no lights or anything come on the DVR so I unplug, wait and then re-plug.  It takes 2 or 3 tries but then it boots up.  Later in the day it craps out again and won't come back on.  ic all the support line and again I'm trapped in automated menu he!! and then on hold for 20 mins.  I again decide to do the live chat and the person goes through a bunch of troubleshooting steps and determines it's a hardware issue and says they'll send out replacement DVR.  

On tuesday the DVR arrives, I follow instructions and connect it, but it never comes up with the screen that says it's authenticating or whatever the first step is where it calls back to Verizon to authenticate.  I just get a black screen so I try to reattach, nothing.  Call the support number...Automated menu he!!...wait for a real person.  The person that comes on tries everything.  I move the new box up to the bedroom TV, but still the same, reset the router in the basement, still the same.  I am able to use the old box from my bedroom in both the bedroom and the living room, so the system is OK, it sounds like hardware or authentication issue on Verizon's part.  After 1:20 of troubleshooting and being on hold they say a tech will need to come out.  We set it up for Thursday, but on Wednesday I get a call at 3:50 to see if they can come early (that day).  I say sorry but no one is there we need to keep the Thursday appointment.  I get a text 30 minutes later and it tells me the ticket was closed and that they were sorry that they missed me.  I call the number to tell them that they didn't miss me, they showed up on the wrong day.  The woman on the phone (after more automated menus and hold time) sees the ticket is closed and discusses this with the dispatch team, she's very sorry, please wait while they get the appointment set up for Thursday.  A long hold time later she comes back very excited saying that the tech is on his way and he'll be there in a couple of minutes (it is now almost 6pm.  I tell her great I'll be waiting.........and waiting......and waiting.  The tech never shows or calls.  Sometime after 9 I get a text that says a ticket has been created and a tech will be out tomorrow between 8am and 8pm (don't even get me started on the ridiculous size of that window).

So, here is my question..... Why didn't/don't they just send out another replacement box since it is obviously hardware (since my older, non-dvr bedroom set top box works fine?  What are the odds that the tech will be able to get this thing working.  My guess is that he will do the same troubleshooting I did over the phone and then put in the order for a new DVR to be shipped out.

Another question.....before fios I had direct tv.  I loved them and never had any issues, but the triple play for fios was just too good of a deal.  I used to like the Verizon service and support (no longer), but I still have the direct tv dish on my house, should I just switch back after 15 months........very seriously considering it.

Sorry about the rant, but maybe a verizon rep will see this and help get to the bottom of it, because I don't even want to call the support line again.

-mcornell

Re: Why is this so difficult?
lesliegolf
Enthusiast - Level 1

Not to pile on, but, the one gripe is the order process or lack thereof. It seems I get great people on the line, great people at my door, but, there must be gnomes with attitudes running the system. 

I ordered fios Internet two tears ago. I sat around on the promised delivery date only to find out my order was never processed. I even had an order number. "Something went wrong in the system" is what I was told. The next delivery window was two weeks away! I was very very frustrated. 

I am currently on Directv. My reciever died. I called to check into Fios and liked what I heard. I placed an order. The delivery / install was suppose to be today. I even have an order number. The phone went dead right after they put me through the automated service to agree to the terms. I never got a call back from the agent.

Call back that night to find out their entire network is down and to call back the next day, my install day, today. 

Well, I call back to find out there is no record of my order. Also, there is no time to come out today. The next time? Next week!

Same thing all over again. I sat in long call lines just to get really really frustrated. Even went to live chat only to be disconnected there too. 

Finally got in touch with Marc online who rocked. I even have an email that says they will be here tomorrow. I am crossing fingers. 

"Why is this so difficult" ? I really have to agree when it comes to dealing with anything that involves their system. 

Re: Why is this so difficult?
DomiAm
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oh by all means pile it high, Verizon needs to hear these things. Their issues are growing high, if this was a dung pile it would be huge and smelly!

I stopped recommending Verizon for any services, Ive never been more frustrated.... I liked the statement of gnomes (haha) hidden among the sytem, and the forums and any other support sytem, 

Education is a huge thing in my home, several PHDs in my Family in Health and Technology, yet because it is not out equipment we have to call on Verizon to help. It always seems to be some issue or problem that is sooo much more complex the needed. I have to call up, give em info. Tell em, then sometimes they put me on hold.... I hang up... cause I alreay know, and Im usually right, they will say let me tranfer you or the phone will disconnect.

It only gets worse.... If you just ordered you have your 30 days to cancel, Id suggest alternative measures until Verizon actually learns to hire competent Reps. It always seems like when I call, that the reps, have this tone like Im a **bleep** that just crawled out from under a rock, I have had good reps ill admit, yet the bad over took the good. 

My support has only gone down more over time. Im now recognizing that. It is quite sad. 

0 Likes