Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu

why should the customer pay!!

Reply
bobbyrex
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 8
Registered: ‎08-23-2014

why should the customer pay!!

Message 1 of 5
(1,064 Views)

It seems that because Verizons latest update  took away the DVR function that we pay for, then Verizon should credit their customers with the time lost.  Why should we pay for something that we are not getting?

4 REPLIES 4
roaddogg
Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II
Posts: 273
Registered: ‎11-03-2013

Re: why should the customer pay!!

Message 2 of 5
(1,032 Views)

@bobbyrex wrote:

It seems that because Verizons latest update  took away the DVR function that we pay for, then Verizon should credit their customers with the time lost.  Why should we pay for something that we are not getting?


What do you mean took away the dvr fuction?

PJF310
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Posts: 37
Registered: ‎08-07-2014

Re: why should the customer pay!!

Message 3 of 5
(993 Views)

@roaddogg wrote:

@bobbyrex wrote:

It seems that because Verizons latest update  took away the DVR function that we pay for, then Verizon should credit their customers with the time lost.  Why should we pay for something that we are not getting?


What do you mean took away the dvr fuction?


I think he's referring to current DVR issue where you have to manually record from guide, whereas before latest update you can schedule a series to record and it automaticlly does. That's been taken away for some reason.

 

To the OP. You can still record any show at anytime. You just have to manually go to the guide on day its recording and press record. It's a royal pain  but technically you can still record. 

 

I agree with you that Verizon jacked up everyone with pre-scheduled recordings and should do something in return but since the function is not totaly disabled I highly doubt they will do anything at all

bobbyrex
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 8
Registered: ‎08-23-2014

Re: why should the customer pay!!

Message 4 of 5
(909 Views)

Thanks for your well written response and filling in what I should have made clearer.. But you know,  lets say you want to record a series, or are going away and want to set your DVR to record programs for a couple weeks, well, it really IS a major annoyance to go through the guide for such long periods. And honestly, it doesnt seem like it should be that difficult for Verizon to download a fix for this as high tech as Verizon is.

PJF310
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Posts: 37
Registered: ‎08-07-2014

Re: why should the customer pay!!

Message 5 of 5
(885 Views)

@bobbyrex wrote:

Thanks for your well written response and filling in what I should have made clearer.. But you know,  lets say you want to record a series, or are going away and want to set your DVR to record programs for a couple weeks, well, it really IS a major annoyance to go through the guide for such long periods. And honestly, it doesnt seem like it should be that difficult for Verizon to download a fix for this as high tech as Verizon is.


 

I understand that. I have to go do this as well almost daily.

 

I have read that thru the app or online the series recording works. I have yet to try this but will have to figure something out. I am about to take off for 3 weeks. I'm hoping I dont have to use app/online daily and the series just records as its supposed to

How-To Videos
 
The following videos were produced by users like you!
   
Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started


Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Posts

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title