Wide size mode
Steven28
Enthusiast - Level 1

The picture displays the text "Wide size 1" over the picture even though it's set for 1080i 16:9 resolution.  How did it get there, where was it selected in the menu (if by accident) and how do I cancel it?  I can't seem to find any 'wide size' configuration settings using the Fios TV Remote - menu settings selections

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Wide size mode
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Steven2 wrote:

Apparently there are two ways to access Widgets. One is clearly marked "Widgets" on the upper part of the Fios Remote, and the other is one of the small colored buttons at the bottom of the remote, which isn't named at all.  It seems that the lower button was used, which caused this "wide size 1" text to be displayed on screen.  Anyway, the person that caused it to appear used the same button again and the text disappeared.   Go figure!     Maybe Tech Services at Verizon know the obscure functionality of all those unmarked buttons.

I thought you had Fios One boxes, not 1100 series, sorry for the confusion. Those buttons do not exist on the 4100 series remotes. All I can tell you is the A button brings up the Widgets, the B button is used to bring up the Diagnostics menu. There is also a size button at the bottom right marked with #. Good that you accidentally found the solution!

View solution in original post

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Steven2 wrote:

The picture displays the text "Wide size 1" over the picture even though it's set for 1080i 16:9 resolution.  How did it get there, where was it selected in the menu (if by accident) and how do I cancel it?  I can't seem to find any 'wide size' configuration settings using the Fios TV Remote - menu settings selections

Sounds like something in your TVs menu, not the Fios menu. Check the TV, maybe try unplugging it from the wall for 30 seconds then plugging it back in. Fios boxes don't have a choice of aspect ratios like that in their menus.

Steven28
Enthusiast - Level 1

Apparently there are two ways to access Widgets. One is clearly marked "Widgets" on the upper part of the Fios Remote, and the other is one of the small colored buttons at the bottom of the remote, which isn't named at all.  It seems that the lower button was used, which caused this "wide size 1" text to be displayed on screen.  Anyway, the person that caused it to appear used the same button again and the text disappeared.   Go figure!     Maybe Tech Services at Verizon know the obscure functionality of all those unmarked buttons.

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Steven2 wrote:

I thought you had Fios One boxes, not 1100 series, sorry for the confusion. Those buttons do not exist on the 4100 series remotes. All I can tell you is the A button brings up the Widgets, the B button is used to bring up the Diagnostics menu. There is also a size button at the bottom right marked with #. Good that you accidentally found the solution!

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed. Please feel free to open a new thread for further discussion. Thank you.

0 Likes