Wierd Pixelation Issue
mcorbo
Contributor - Level 2

I have pixelation on my TV.  It is coming from FIOS, as it does not appear when we are watching DVD's or Roku.  As a matter of fact, it does no happen in FIOS menus, only when watching live TV, recorded programs, or on demand.  There is a band, about 1/3 of the way down the screen, 3 inches wide, that extends half way across the screen.

Any ideas what may be causing this?  (Sorry the picture is bad)  the pixels do change colors, they tend to bbe the oppsosite of what they should be (white when they should be black etc)

Mike

0 Likes
Re: Wierd Pixelation Issue
martindoehring

I have exactly the same problem. As with yours, it only shows up when TV is being played, whether live or DVR. It does not show up using any other TV inputs or on any other screens from the box. It definitly started after the new 1.9 update. I didn't see if it actually started immediately or after I added an extern eSATA drive. Mine shows up in what looks like the exact same location on the screen.My first thougth was bad memory, but I doubt that now.  It does NOT show up when the picture is on the right side of the screen (live tv when looking at DVR options.

Martin

0 Likes
mcorbo
Contributor - Level 2

Exactly, only when watching full screen TV.  I have been on 1.9 since the beta test, have had an external drive for months now.  So, you are correct, it is not either of those.  It shows up on shows that were recorded before it started happening. 

It seems to be getting worse, more bad pixels in the same area, but the are is not getting any bigger.  It started 24 hours ago.  I rebooted the box, did not help. 

0 Likes
mcorbo
Contributor - Level 2

Well problem solved.  Had a chat online with tech support, they tried to reset the box  and it crashed.  Said I could pick up a replacement at the FIOS store.  Headed there today and they have not had the 7232 in the store for months.  Chat one agains and a new box on the way.  They promised it would be here the next day.

0 Likes
KenEhrsam
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon tech rebooting 7232 DVR fixed the problem.  After reboot, had to reset options such as DVR name, forward and back timings, and series default options.  When I first saw this, thought there was a problem with the DVR.  Still get intermittent pixelation, but also seems to be better.

0 Likes
jdmaxell1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same Exact Problem here.  Notice it on HDMI and component outputs when I get it.  You do not see it when streaming.  Restarting box gets rid of it on mine.  I have had it three times in the last 3 weeks.  Trying to figure it out myself because I do not want to replace box because I have many, many shows on external hard drive, Through trouble shooting, I am leaning towards external hard drive/esata cable.  I do not get it when external drive is disconnected.  One thing I am currently testing is a shielded esata cable, being so close to the HDMI cable\port,  I do not trust the esata cable I have. Going to swap HDMI cable also. Something messes up the output.  I will let you know results.

For people having similar issues and troubleshooting, here is what I am using:

7232 DVR

2gb external drive (Non-WD/Seagate Pipeline)

HDMI primary output

Use Close Caption a lot  (Casual font)

If you are getting a similar problem, please post your equipment.  I would like to see if any common thread.

Thanks

0 Likes