Your DVR may be offline
NickEs1
Enthusiast - Level 2

For several weeks, I have not been able to access the DVR or "My Stuff" on the Fios TV app on any of my mobile devices. The error is the infamous "Your DVR may be offline," and the error code is 9-6-15-652-001.

I've reset the ActionTec router to factory settings and rebooted it, reset the DVR and rebooted, logged out and into the app, and uninstalled the app and reinstalled it. Nothing.

The TV and DVR work fine, and the guide is current; and I can watch streaming content on the phone. I just can't access the DVR on the app (record, play, or manage recordings.

Amy help would be appreciated.

Edit: I've also unplugged and plugged back in all of the equipment. They're as close to factory-settings as I can get them.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Your DVR may be offline
NickEs1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Welp, the Android Fios TV Mobile app just updated today, and the error is gone. It looks like the problem was a bad app release.

Not that I'll remember that when it happens again eight months from now.

View solution in original post

NickEs1
Enthusiast - Level 2

One more update: The same error occurs when I go to tv.verizon.com/watch/DVR/recordings on a desktop that's Ethernetted directly into the ActionTec that the DVR is coaxed into -- in other words, no WiFi involved. 

Resetting the DVR (i.e., unplugging for 15 seconds and plugging back in) doesn't help. Should I call Verizon and ask them to reinitialize the DVR? Is there a difference?

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@NickEspo wrote:

One more update: The same error occurs when I go to tv.verizon.com/watch/DVR/recordings on a desktop that's Ethernetted directly into the ActionTec that the DVR is coaxed into -- in other words, no WiFi involved. 

Resetting the DVR (i.e., unplugging for 15 seconds and plugging back in) doesn't help. Should I call Verizon and ask them to reinitialize the DVR? Is there a difference?

I'll check into that error code.

0 Likes
NickEs1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Eight months later, and the exact same issue has returned. Same error code.

I have no memory of how this was resolved last time. Suggestions?

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@NickEspo wrote:

Eight months later, and the exact same issue has returned. Same error code.

I have no memory of how this was resolved last time. Suggestions?

You may have called billing and got them to re-verify your account.

0 Likes
NickEs1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Welp, the Android Fios TV Mobile app just updated today, and the error is gone. It looks like the problem was a bad app release.

Not that I'll remember that when it happens again eight months from now.

Elissa77
Enthusiast - Level 1

What about the iOS app?

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes