YouTube Freezes on Basic STB
bob

This is definitely a STB issue.  I have 2-STBs, one with a DVR, the other is the basic STB. Never have a problem with the DVR STB.  I've sat and watched multiple videos, both long and short, and have never had a problem.  

Now, on the other hand, the basic STB freezes every time I use it.  Rebooting cures the problem for a short time, then it freezes again.  Have called Verizon and gotten no solution.

0 Likes
Re: YouTube Freezes on Basic STB
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@bob wrote:

This is definitely a STB issue.  I have 2-STBs, one with a DVR, the other is the basic STB. Never have a problem with the DVR STB.  I've sat and watched multiple videos, both long and short, and have never had a problem.  

Now, on the other hand, the basic STB freezes every time I use it.  Rebooting cures the problem for a short time, then it freezes again.  Have called Verizon and gotten no solution.

Which boxes do you have, how are they connected, what exactly are you trying to watch? On demand, pay per View, movies?

0 Likes
td1223

I have the exact same problem.  Just got a new box and it freezes on youtube.  I moved the DVR around and it never freezes.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@td1223 wrote:

I have the exact same problem.  Just got a new box and it freezes on youtube.  I moved the DVR around and it never freezes.

What model box did you get, and how is it connected to the system?

0 Likes