Re: VZ Navigator and GPS Not working in East Texas
wilydodger

I'm not an Alltel customer. I switched over straight to verizon from AT&T middle of last year.

0 Likes
jonakin
Not an Alltel customer either... switched from AT&T when Thunderbolt came out in March. GPS was working for me this afternoon as well.
0 Likes
wilydodger

I'm a bit concerned that they are saying "many of the people". It has been my impression that all android users were knocked out by this. How could they not have confirmed this already? They can't possibly think that the demo phones that don't work in the Verizon stores were Alltell customers...

Been working all night for me, so maybe this is a moot point now.....

0 Likes
Caddoview

I have been with Verizon for two years and all the phones on my account were out.  I have also seen posts that BB running VZ Nav were out also.  

0 Likes
jonakin

Still working for me this morning.  By the way, my brother switched from AT&T when Droid X came out, and his worked fine until this April thing happened.  So the thing about being previous Alltel customers is clearly not the issue.

If it is fixed--and I almost hope it's not at this point--then I still want to know what the problem was and how we can know that it's not going to happen again.  I don't like it just magically starting to work again with no explanation and the last thing we've heard from Verizon is some invalid theory that it has to do with customers previously being on Alltel.

And also to address the issue with VZ Nav, I'm not using VZ Nav and have never used it.  But for those who say once VZ Nav starts working, all the other apps start working, I would note that the same thing happens for me if I get it working in the GPS Status app.  Once it works there, it works in Google Maps, Google Nav, the web browser, etc.

That's yet another reason why I think it is a hardware issue and not software-related.

0 Likes
zertsman
I was out of town all weekend so of course it was workig great.. got in last afternoon, late. This morning all was well. I don't think it's been enough time to call it fixed, but things look promising.

let's give it a few days and see if it holds....
0 Likes
jonakin

It sure seems to be fixed.  I have been able to get a practically instant fix all weekend and continuing into today.  My brother came in from Ft. Worth and had no issues like he usually has seen.  I wonder what those engineers did once they finally sent them down here?

0 Likes
BANDAI
Same problem in Austin, TX since early July. The Verizon wireless staff keeps telling me it's the app problem. But I have been using google navigation for half year, everything is working fine until last month.
0 Likes
zertsman

I can't freakin believe it!!!..  i spent a month and a half working with those clowns to get this fixed in my area here in Tyler, TX.  Now, 3 days before the Wife and I are gonna spend our 20th anniversiary in no where else but Austin.   what a total load of crap.

here is what you do..   get them to give you 2 months of vz navigator which will not work either..   cause its' the gps on their system not their software..  however, they get log files from you using their software and can see that you indeed do not get a lock.  they get no such logs from any of the google products or anything else..   so VZ navigator will be your tool to show them that they have a problem...

the rub also is..   i had case number and a phone number and name of a really nice guy that helped get the problem fixed.  i deleted those voicemails 3 days ago!.. 

when you call tech support keep them on the phone till you get up to the second level support..   they can give you the credit and also open a call to upper level support..    you need to also get your friends with verizon droids to do the same thing..   power in numbers..

also, use the websight to send letters to the Vice Presidents at verizon and so on..   took a month and al half, but it got done.

I'll see if i can find some emails with this call number.. 

by the way..  when it got suddenly fixed.. they claimed they did nothing..    i can't get my kids to claim stupid mistakes either.. 

0 Likes