debteraw

Droid

My 6 yrs old nephew locked my phone and I can not unlcok it. Verizon  will unlock but all information will be lost. Does anyone out there know how I can unlock my phone without loosing data?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HTC
dpeco

What about the battery? Take it out an let it power back in after, won't it then reset?

0 Likes
truelove79
Enthusiast - Level 3

It had better not unlock just by taking out the battery.  What good is the lock code if all a thief has to do is take out the battery and put it back in to use your phone.

0 Likes
AFguy
Contributor - Level 2

Hard lesson learned:  Not to let a 6 y/o play with your phone.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

I know on most Verizon phones you can dial *228 + send from your verizon phone.Press option 1 to reset the code.Not sure if it would work on your android though.

0 Likes
PPC_Dude
Contributor - Level 2

debteraw wrote:

Droid

My 6 yrs old nephew locked my phone and I can not unlcok it. Verizon  will unlock but all information will be lost. Does anyone out there know how I can unlock my phone without loosing data?

I assume that he either changed or enabled the pattern lock. That's going to be tough. I would remove the SD card and back up any photos, music, etc. to a PC and then do a hard reset. You will have to re-install all your apps and whatever customizations you may have done, but as long as you use the same gmail account when you go through the initial setup, all of your previous apps will be available in the Market to select. It's possible that some of the "developers" over at modaco, xda-developers or one of the many similar sites could help you out without a reset. I don't know if they've figured that out yet for the Eris/Hero or not.
0 Likes
smithkjnc
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is an easy one (assuming you have a google mail account).   Try the lock pattern until it asks you to log in to your gmail account and then it will unlock it for you. 

When I first got the Eris, I gave the phone to my kids locked to prove to them that they could not guess the unlock pattern.  They tried until they eventually locked it out.   I signed in to my gmail account and got right back in it.

Hope this helps!

-Joe

0 Likes
PPC_Dude
Contributor - Level 2

smithkjnc wrote:

This is an easy one (assuming you have a google mail account).   Try the lock pattern until it asks you to log in to your gmail account and then it will unlock it for you.

When I first got the Eris, I gave the phone to my kids locked to prove to them that they could not guess the unlock pattern.  They tried until they eventually locked it out.   I signed in to my gmail account and got right back in it.

Hope this helps!

-Joe

I didn't know that.  Good info.
0 Likes
dpeco

@ Truelove79....Good Point...LOL

0 Likes