Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu

Verizon Repair, Incompetence par excellence

Katherine001
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Verizon Repair, Incompetence par excellence

Message 1 of 3
(8,735 Views)

It's not that they haven't tried to repair my service ( I have had no phone, internet or tv for 3 weeks), they are just not competent to do it. 

The communication amongst the repair people is so poor that they have been unable to restore the service. A guy came down and restrung the wire from house to street.He said it was a simple thing for the construction crew to put a terminal at the street.  A bucket truck finally came a week after and put the wrong thing on the pole. The installation guy came down, couldn't complete the job and then closed the ticket. So, we have to start all over.

Also, they send me emails (which I can only get by going out to the library or Starbucks)  and they tell me they will call before coming(though, of course, ) I have no phone service. So, yeah they're calling my cell, but I only get intermittent service. It's a game. If they can get me to miss one phone call or email, they can say " oh, we couldn't come down, she wasn't home." I've been home for the whole comedy of errors.

My neighbors with Comcast or copper wire phone lines all have service.

FIOS is not worth it. Verizon is incapable of servicing it. If you don't have it don't get it!

2 REPLIES 2
Katherine001
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: Verizon Repair, Incompetence par excellence

Message 2 of 3
(8,711 Views)

Amazingly, a crew came today and restored our service.

We had been told that our ticket was closed and we had to re-submit a repair request. Then a bunch of trucks showed up and fixed it.

So, we are relieved and grateful. But I do think that the repair effort here in NJ is being hampered by poor communication. And the crews agree. 

RamblingSid
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: Verizon Repair, Incompetence par excellence

Message 3 of 3
(8,692 Views)

I live in NY as feel your pain as I am going through exactly the same issues.  Tomorrow will start the 4th week of no internet or TV.  We were supposed to have a service call today but no one arrived.  I thought we had struck gold on Veterans Day, a huge team arrived to sort of the wire problem due to the tree that fell on them during Sandy.  Then next day a crew came to my house and told me they were swapping the pairs over and I should have service that night, at least within a couple of hours as soon as it was swapped over at the sub station.  Called next morning and was told the ticket was closed out the previous evening at 7pm.  So we had to start all over again, explained to the guy on the phone that I had to a) travel a round trip of 16 miles for internet at the library and b) a 20 mile round trip to use a friends phone, also explained that my line was dead from the box out and that the previous crew had left wires sticking through to the customer side from the telco side of the box.  I also explained that I don't have a cell phone, why would I need one when I rarely leave home and we live in a dead area.  As you can guess I am at the library, checked to see that my ticket was at least open and tomorrow will go to my friends house to called Verizon again. I will give myself the Thanksgiving holiday to compose the letter I am seriously considering sending to the Attorney General of NY, I suspect that his office will be keeping any eye on Verizon after the problems with restoration from last years Irene.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title