Re: 1.9 Version Update?
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Only the 1TB drive will work in the new IMG 1.9   You can plug in a 2 tb but the box will only recognize 1TB. 

and the rumors are that it will be deployed or they will start deploying before middle of June.  

0 Likes
BigggFuzzyG
Contributor - Level 1

It seems it's been 3 weeks and no update on what Rollouts will begin where next in what markets. Just guessing and alot of opinions. Hopefully the rollouts will begin more frequently after a month of being out and giving Verizon a chance to workout whatever bugs are left to workout before rolling it out to every other market. I hope it's soon, Would help to take my mind off this PS3 thing. Which is something in it's self.

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

The reason there is no news is that the roll-out has been "temporarily" put on hold (and I won't attempt to define temporary).  It was started to 2 VHOs and due to a high number of CSR calls stopped for some "tweaks" (that is the stated reason at least).  Also there is rumor that the color scheme (for the SD boxes in specifics) is also being reworked.

You might try looking HERE or on the FiOS TV Board at DSLReports as there are more active threads regarding the roll-out and the typical VZ sucks commentary that accompanies it.

As to the other poster (regarding the 2 TB drive) it has since been indicated that although the initial release would only support 1 TB it actually is supposed to support (and utilize) up to 2 TB.  Can't vouch for this directly, but that is the current rumor / report.

BigggFuzzyG
Contributor - Level 1

Since the 1.9 has been put on a temporary hold, Does this mean that instead of rolling out in certain markets at certain time or dates. That they'll roll them out in multiple markets, instead of the choosen order they originally had?

0 Likes
BigggFuzzyG
Contributor - Level 1

Has this temporary "Hold" been taken off yet? If not, When?

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@BigggFuzzyG wrote:

Has this temporary "Hold" been taken off yet? If not, When?

1) No.

2) When Verizon decides to.

Keller, TX 76248

BigggFuzzyG
Contributor - Level 1

Doesn't sound very specific. Gotta have some kind of dates or timeframe of when?

BigggFuzzyG
Contributor - Level 1

Is there any truth to the 1.9 continuing or resume release in July?

evanob

I purchased a Fantom GreenDrive 2TB USB 2.0 and eSATA External Hard Drive.  When first installed it worked, but it quickly stopped working.  I suspect it has something to do with the power regulation for energy saving.  Don't know if I can reprogram this or if I need to purchase one of the Western Digital recommended drives.

@Keyboards wrote:

The reason there is no news is that the roll-out has been "temporarily" put on hold (and I won't attempt to define temporary).  It was started to 2 VHOs and due to a high number of CSR calls stopped for some "tweaks" (that is the stated reason at least).  Also there is rumor that the color scheme (for the SD boxes in specifics) is also being reworked.

You might try looking HERE or on the FiOS TV Board at DSLReports as there are more active threads regarding the roll-out and the typical VZ sucks commentary that accompanies it.

As to the other poster (regarding the 2 TB drive) it has since been indicated that although the initial release would only support 1 TB it actually is supposed to support (and utilize) up to 2 TB.  Can't vouch for this directly, but that is the current rumor / report.

0 Likes