12-14 days to repair broken pole and remove wires from road standard?
Dholm1

Verizon Fios told us our neighbors and local authorities (I know of at least 10 who called) the earliest they could respond was 12-14 days. Verizon has NO protocol in place. The only option ANYONE (at Verizon) has is to schedule a "residential service appointment, for a technician to investigate the issue", "no issues have been reported in your area", "I'm sorry I understand but there is absolutely nothing we can do, there is no other way for anyone here here to report an issue like this and we do not have any other number you can call".

Apparently "We went over this, your pole is broken, lines are down in the road, the county highway has been shut down, I do not live on the property where your broken pole is located, I will not be there when you arrive" is "not an acceptable answer" to the "mandatory" Covid questions two reps actually said  "we may need access inside the house to replace the broken pole".

imageimage

It took someone who just happened to have a field supervisors number to get any attention. Within 20min a supervisor arrived, requested the proper crews. Who had to go 40miles out of the way as "the local yard was out of poles as usual". About 10 hours later the road was finally reopened.

Is this the standard procedure and time frame (12-14 days) for Verizon to address this type of situation?

0 Likes
Re: 12-14 days to repair broken pole and remove wires from road standard?
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Dholm,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes