$200 Gift Card Issue
Artvandelay1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I received an email on 12/15/22 to redeem my rewards. I followed the link and logged in my account to see two tiles with a gift card each. On 1/19/22 I was eligible to redeem my gift cards. One each for $200 and $50. On 1/19/22 I was curious if the tiles would have a Redeem Now button or a link to redeem on the day I am eligible and the tiles didn't change. They were still showing a "Learn More" button that brought me to an instructions page. That was around 5:30 p.m. I logged in later that evening around 11 p.m. and to my surprise the tiles changed but not to "Redeem Now" but rather two new offers for video game content. I was a little disappointed but not surprised. So I hit the "Chat with us" button and requested Customer Service. I was told to check back Friday and that rep couldn't do much. Not surprised at all. 

The next morning I decided to call the phone number provided to me in the chat box for help with redeeming my gift card. I called and spoke to a woman who basically said I'm not eligible until 1/22/22 and there wasn't anything she can do about it. I requested a Supervisor and she straight up told me no she doesn't have one. I didn't think this was the case so I decided to call back to get someone else. 

After 11 conversations, some with the same rep as a previous call, I still don't have a real answer when I will receive the gift cards. 

I was told there were holidays in December and January that caused the delay. I asked if the 65 days were calendar or business days. Couldn't get a straight answer. Either way nothing adds up because since my start date there were 4 holidays which would bring me to 1/23/22. Another reason my cards are on hold is for a Balance Check and should be completed within 24-48 hours. That brings me back to 1/22/22. 

One of my calls with a representative of Verizon explained to me that he could manually process my cards but since they use a 3rd party processor for the funds they could take up to 30-45 days to receive electronically or via the mail. 

Verizon shouldn't advertise what they can't deliver on time. 

Re: $200 Gift Card Issue
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Artvandelay,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger inbox for a message from a Verizon support agent. You can find your inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary and may be delayed at this time. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes