$200 Gift Card Promotion Scan
jhk725

When my previous contract for internet and cable was ending, I called and spoke to a representative about either not renewing service or the signing up for a different package that wouldn't see the price increase too much.

I was presented a package in which I would be getting triple play (for a much higher monthly price than I was before), and that I would have to lock in to a two year contract, but that I would also be receiving a $200 VZW gift card within 90 days. I agreed to this package seeing as I would need a new phone soon and the $200 would offset the increase in monthly price a decent amount. After 90 days had long come and gone, I called customer service and was told that there was no record of a gift card on my account, and, in fact, the package which I was signed up for did not qualify for any kind of gift card promotion. The representative who signed me up for the package did not enter any record of a gift card into my billing statement, so there was nothing that could be done (essentially, I was being punished at a cost of $200 for their employee not doing their job correctly).

After speaking to many people, I was told that though they were all sorry I was "misinformed," they refused to give me the $200 gift card one of their fellow employees promised me,  nor would they give a $200 credit to my account, for my account "did not warrant it." This is despite the fact that I would not have signed up for the bundle in the first place (regardless of how much it might be saving me relative to other packages) had it not been for the $200. Essentially, I was given false information which prompted me to purchase a service, and there was no effort for retribution.

TAKE NOTE: If you are promised any type of gift card/rebate at the time of signing up for a package, get a name of the representative and insist you see it be put in writing that you will be receiving it (or just don't fall for the scam in the first place)...

0 Likes
Re: $200 Gift Card Promotion Scan
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi jhk725,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes