$250 bill credit SCAM
AS110
Enthusiast - Level 2

On Sept 22 I received an email from Verizon advertising a promotion. "Adam, an exclusive offer for Fios customers" teased the subject line. Hmm, I thought, I'm a Fios customer. Maybe this is something I'd be interested in! So I opened the email and read, in giant text: "Join Verizon Wireless. Get $250 back." Wow! It just so happened that I was reconsidering my wireless provider at that very moment since the new iPhone was about to come out and I was considering a switch. Just to be sure, I read the fine print:

"*$250 VZW bill credit applied $10/mo. over 25 months; credit begins w/in 2–3 billing cycles; ends when balance paid or account terminated. Must be Fios customer with internet and/or TV and activate new wireless account on Unlimited, new Verizon Plan, or Single Line Plan."

All of that applied to me, and the promise of a $10/month discount tipped the scales in favor of Verizon. I went and signed up for a new Verizon wireless Unlimited account shortly thereafter, and was told by the Verizon rep that the discount would show up automatically. Three months later, and no discount. I've now spent 10+ hours on the phone with Verizon "customer service" trying to get this promotion. Whenever I talk to someone from Verizon wireless they say that this is a Fios promotion and I have to call them about it. Whenever I talk to someone from Fios they say that it's a wireless promotion and they can't help me. And whenever I ask to speak to someone higher up the chain or have a conference call with reps from wireless and Fios at the same time, my call gets conveniently disconnected. On the rare occasion when someone does promise that a supervisor will call me back to follow up, no one does of course. It seems more and more like their customer serivce is designed to make people give up rather than actually address their problems. I'm tired of this treatment! All I want is to receive the promotion that YOU sent to ME!

Has anyone else had success (or not) claiming this promotion?? Or is it just a SCAM?

Here is the email I received:

0 Likes
Re: $250 bill credit SCAM
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi AS1,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes