na110

Lowell C. McAdam

Chairman and Chief Executive Officer

Verizon Corporate Offices

One Verizon Way

Basking Ridge, New Jersey 07920

December 29, 2017

Mr. McAdam,

I am writing out of frustration with the ineptitude of your company. I have been a customer for many years, paying over two hundred dollars a month regularly. A few months after my husband passed away suddenly, I called to transfer the family account to my name. That process took over two hours on the phone. I assumed in that time the representative could have done it correctly, but I was very wrong. Several months later when I was threatened with disconnection for not paying a bill (even though my account was on auto-pay) I found out that only one service, the internet, was transferred to my name under the new account. The phone and cable remained in my late husband’s account, even though I had been told that account was closed. A ticket was put in to repair that error. Six weeks and over ten hours of my time on the phone later, I was told they determined the only way to fix the situation was to disconnect the phone and cable from the old account and assume it would transfer to my new account in my name.  Instead, it was disconnected and my family and a house full of children hoping to have a New Year’s Eve party and watch the ball drop, are left without cable and we are left without a home phone. I have spent an additional twelve hours in the last two days on the phone with multiple representatives from customer service, repair, tech, etc.  Supervisors and managers have been involved. Everybody expresses their concern and assures me they are taking care of it. Everyone is expediting it. Everyone is calling me back.  But NOT ONE of them took care of it or even bothered to call back to follow up even though they assured me they would.  Ten minutes ago, I was disconnected, AGAIN, while waiting for a supervisor, and of course, nobody calls back. The situation is deplorable. Your company should be ashamed of itself.  And to add insult to injury, I received a bill today for services that are not working! At this point, I have spent over twenty hours of my time trying to get this straightened out.  My billing rate is $250 per hour.  Therefore, according to my calculations, Verizon owes me $5,000.  How would you like to pay that?

Happy new year to you.

0 Likes
Re: Angry customer
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi na1,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes