Another user with issues connecting ActionTec with ATT microcell
gmanbox
Enthusiast - Level 1

i have an actiontec router (model MI424WE) and having difficulty connecting to att microcell. as another user posted, it worked great for a while and then stopped connecting to my phone. i had ATT replace the microcell device to no avail, and verizon tech support, sad to say since they sound nice, are not even close to living up to their name.

on microcell, top 3 lights full green light, last 5th "signal strength" light flashing green which i'm told means is having issues communicating with the actiontec router. 

i'm not a sophisticated user of technology, but what do i need to do to make these two to work with one another? thx  

Re: Another user with issues connecting ActionTec with ATT microcell
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

The router will give internet connection to any device connected to it. I'm sorry if your devices has intermittent problems. If the other devices in your house are able to get on when the Microcell goes down , the router is still working. We would'nt even know where to begin troubleshooting another companies device. Hopefully either another user is more familiar with it or AT&T will be of more support.

0 Likes
Re: Another user with issues connecting ActionTec with ATT microcell
thearod
Enthusiast - Level 2

same issue here.... I have a M1424WR (Rev F)

Alot of people fix the blinking bottom lite on the microcell by putting the microcell in the DMZ on your router.  But that doesn't work for me. 

If I put the Microcell in the DMZ and turn on blocked connections logging in the security log, it still shows me address inbound and outbound tcp connections over port 443 being blocked constantly.  I think these actiontec routers are the problem.