Assault by Virtual Assistant and Phone Response System
Trudy11
Enthusiast - Level 2

I hate Verizon and am getting to hate them more with each day.  Now they are going to charge me the same amount yet take away my email and put me through the immense hassle of changing email accounts.  So that gives me one more reason to hate them.

Coincidentally a verizon line fell down in our neighborhood and since that day--i have a "line in use" message on my phone and so much static i cannot talk.  I even replaced my phones to make sure that was not the problem.  When I called to place a request for repair--I feel like I have been assaulted by the Virtual Assistant  and phone call center router.  It is loud and obnoxious.  I have to sit and listen to loud, stress inducing music and a loud obnoxious voice repeatedly telling  me  information that is time consuming and readily available on the internet (IF I WANTED TO HEAR IT).  WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE CALL CENTER DESIGNERS?!  Is this their plan to make us "love" Verizon?  Batter us and abuse us with noise we don't want to hear instead of giving us a person to speak with?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Assault by Virtual Assistant and Phone Response System
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

With respect to your email commentary ...

They are not "getting rid of" you email account, but instead transitioning it over to AOL.  If you follow their directions, you can retain your @verizon.net email address and you need not make any changes to your email client (unless you choose to use a different password, which is encouraged, on the AOL email account).

Everything else is transparent.  I just moved mine over by selecting "retain my address" and went thru the signup process on the AOL side.   I even kept the same password initially and it worked completely transparently.   I've since changed the password, so I had to go thru the process one time of typing in the new password on each of my computers and phones, but that wasn't difficult.

View solution in original post

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

A lot of companies have gone to a more automated support.

There are other options for support.

I have found their twitter suport to be quite helpful @verizonsupport.

lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

With respect to your email commentary ...

They are not "getting rid of" you email account, but instead transitioning it over to AOL.  If you follow their directions, you can retain your @verizon.net email address and you need not make any changes to your email client (unless you choose to use a different password, which is encouraged, on the AOL email account).

Everything else is transparent.  I just moved mine over by selecting "retain my address" and went thru the signup process on the AOL side.   I even kept the same password initially and it worked completely transparently.   I've since changed the password, so I had to go thru the process one time of typing in the new password on each of my computers and phones, but that wasn't difficult.