Automatic download
dragonlady
Enthusiast - Level 3
Twice now, Verizon has automatically downloaded "Vz In Home Agent" on my computer. I have no idea what it is for and want to stop Verizon from downloading this. What can I do to prevent this from happening again? Thanks in advance
0 Likes
Re: Automatic download
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
Did you go to verizon.com/connect ?

Because that is the URL that you download it from...

It can help you automatically setup your Verizon email account (support MS Outlook, Outlook Express and Windows Mail).
0 Likes
dragonlady
Enthusiast - Level 3
This isn't something I want to download. Verizon just takes it upon themselves to do it. How can I stop them from downloading it? Do I have to go to the address you said and change settings?
0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
#1 Did you use their CD that they provided to you, to setup your account?

#2 What web browser are you using (The name and version)? For example IE 7.

^^
0 Likes
dragonlady
Enthusiast - Level 3
This isn't a new account, I've had verizon for quite some time now. All I would like to know is if there is a setting I could change so this in home agent wouldn't be automatically downloaded. I use IE7. From what I am told it is a connection wizard and something I don't really want. I would really appreciate any help from getting this download again. Thank you for your reply.
0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
#1 Stop going to verizon.com/connect

b) As need be, set your home page to http://www.google.com/

#2 Or if that program is already installed, uninstall it so it stops updating it self...

^^
0 Likes