awful experience with Verizon so far
chrisbazzle

In January, I called a representative to try to get phone service and internet service. The start seemed OK, but nothing has gone right since. My order was not processed properly - I received the device to set up my internet connection relatively quickly, but I can't a technician to coem here to save my life. At first, it was suppposed to be February 15th.

The day before, Feb. 14ht), I called to confirm that the guy was coming. I was told verizon had my order for internet service, but not for phone service. The appointment was then rescheduled for today, March 1st., but then I get a voice main on my cellphine that the estimated rescheduling date is now March 12th.

I get another automated follow up call yesterday to thank me for my order, and to call if I have any concerns. I do have concerns: with everything starting so badly, I wondering if the phone service and hogh speed internet connection is even going to work at all.

So now, I'm calling to see what's going on, and of course, I've been hold for 50 minutes.

This is not surprising; on February 14th, I had to call back Verizon 3 times just place the order all over again - the one I thought was placed already in January. The reason why I had to keep calling back was that I kept being placed on hold, and then the phone connection would drop. I would be acidentally hung uo on.

Every encounter so far with verizon has been enough to wreck my entire day. Apparently, your customers have to be very strong people, able to put up with endless amounts of .aggravation.

I have been trying to cancel my services with Time Warner, and start up with Verizon for two months now, but itlooks like you guys don't want my money.

There's plenty of other details I could supply about whar makes the verizon cstomer experience so unpleasant, but I think you get the picture.

I'm still on hold now, and it' it's been about 45 minutes. I guess I really shoudn't expect anything good at all from Verizon.

By the way, if you google "verizon customer service sucks," you get three-quarters of a million results.

0 Likes
Re: awful experience with Verizon so far
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

chrisbazzle,

Were you able to get everything cared for?  I do apologize for the trouble you had with your service.  If there is anything we can do to help, I sent a PM that you can use to securely submit account information so we can review.

-adam

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Just wanted to make sure that you were taken care of yesterday. ^MMP 

0 Likes
DVegaman

I have had a similar aweful experience.  Apparantly, Verizon does not wish to be held accountable for mistakes by their agents.  I ordered service the beginning of the year, installation went well and I was happy.  Then, the invoice came.  What a crock!  I came in under a "PROMOTION" that the agent was not familiar with apparantly.  Luckily, I did not choose the 2 year agreement, or I would really be up a creek.  I have called verizon a few times, and have got the "We will call you back in 48 hours routine."  Don't hold your breathe, they are not calling.  I just got off the phone with an agent.  (I had to call back in)  The agent says they have no notes on the package that was quoted (which is supposed to be done) so basically "poo poo on you."  They charged me activation fees, when the agent who signed me up told me there were none, and the bundle is much higher than quoted.  I had the name of the agent, time, order number etc., but verizon did not want to hear it. "Sorry, the agent made a mistake", here is $10 dollars.   😞  How insulting!  I was not even allowed to speak to a supervisor after asking numberous times.  

0 Likes