Be careful on renewals for higher prices and long term contracts if you are a 'loyal' customer.
ExLoyalCustomer

I've been a Verizon Fios customer for over 10 years. My contract FIOS was up when I called I asked for the new 79.00 per year service.  I was told since I'm not a new customer I was not eligible for that discount. I told customer service I would look to a different provider for a better price however I would need to continue to pay $134.00 this month since my wife and I are now both working from home due to COVIT-19 and could not be without internet. 

I found a new provider the same day (Optimum) $79.00 a month no long term contract. 

When called customer service to cancel I was told I am eligible for 79.00 a month price.  When I told customer service I had already switched my FIOS was turned off at that point I was told I signed up for a 2-year agreement to get the rate of $134.00 a month and would have to pay a termination fee. However, during the original call with the  Verizon Customer Service agent, I never told about the 2-year commitment or if I had I would not have signed up. Now we are stuck waiting for a phone call sometime next week from the customer support supervisor after they listen to the taped conversation and Verizon decides if we have to pay the early termination fee.  So many things wrong with the way Verizon Customer Service handled this transaction. 

Bottom line - Be careful on renewals for higher prices and long term contracts if you are a 'loyal' customer. 

😞

0 Likes
Re: Be careful on renewals for higher prices and long term contracts if you are a 'loyal' customer.
jonjones1
Legend

Verizon no longer requires contracts via a google search. They now price per ala carte.

however if you were scammed, a simple call to your states attorney generals office or Public Service Commission or Department of public utilities commission should get that taken care of. I wouldn’t wait for that call back.

ask yourself this? Why would you sign a contract for a higher price when you called to lower your price?

0 Likes