Better notification of past due balance!!!
madlady

I cancelled my services with Verizon in June, paid what I thought was all I owed them and went on with life. I got NOTHING from Verizon in July or August and then the first of September I received notification from them that they actually owed me $45.38. Since that first notice I have received a second one stating the same information and that a check would follow that notice. Well the next day I received a letter stating that I had been turned into a collection agency for $179. 28.......WHAT???? If I owe Verizon money why was I not notified of this prior to them turning me into collections and why on earth would they send me a credit showing THEY OWE ME MONEY?? In speaking with the collection agency they said that Verizon does this ALL THE TIME to their customers after canceling service, which I think is VERY dirty!! Let me know I owe you money and give me a chance to pay it, if I don't then by all means do what you need to do! But you should give someone a fair chance at paying the balance before turning them into collections without any notice! And if I owe you money then don't send me a credit saying you owe me! Do you know how confusing that is?? When I spoke with Verizon they weren't helpful in the least bit, just arguing that they did send me a final bill, which NEVER happened!! To make a long story short.......WATCH OUT FOR VERIZON.....THEY ARE DIRTY AND DON'T CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS!!!!!!!! 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Better notification of past due balance!!!
likeafox

Verizon had asked me a while back if I wanted their internet service.  I accepted and they in turn sent something for the computer.  No signiture required and they left it outside my apartment complex for anyone to steal   And that is what they did,  Someone stole it.  Now they have the nerve and audasity to charge me for something I never received   Let them go after the shipping agent for being so careless in the way they left it at a 10n building apartment complex.  l refuse to pay it. I paid my phone bills on time every month.  I owe them NOTHING.  

I offered to give them information on the incident with the shipping thing and their response was "if we need it, we will ask for it"   Fine, let that lady pay for it.   

0 Likes
Re: Better notification of past due balance!!!
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

LikeAFox,

Since we haven't heard back from you or have received a form submission as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.

0 Likes