BILLING ERROR - CONTESTING CHARGES
judym1211

There is a recent charge on my bill that I am not paying and I cannot get anyone at Verizon to help or understand the situation.  In June 2016 I became a new customer.  Every problem I have had since then is directly related to what this technician did or did not do.  This recent situation was that I had no service at all, thought it was due to weather conditions, called tech support who asked me to look for a black box on a wall to check for a light and a plug to ensure connectivity. I told him the only box I had was the router, he said no it would be on a wall possibly in the basement or outside.  Told him the only box was outside and  I could not access/needed special tools.  I checked the garage since I don't have a basement and nothing was there either.  He said he would have to send a technician out because we couldn't find the box he needed and maybe this was a newer installation system he wasn't familiar with.  The technician came and found the "missing" black box - it was in the ceiling of my laundry room behind my water heater.  #1 - I never gave the original technician [ermission to enter my laundry room in my home.  I told him to stay outside or in the garage.  For him to enter my home without my permission is inexcusable. #2 - he never told me he installed this box or I would have been able to check it and inform the tech I had on the phone when I called with this connectivity problem. I am not paying $150 because of his lack of communication #3 - The technician that came to my home last and discovered the black box did not do any demonstration - he followed a wire around my house and did absolutely nothing at all except plug the box in/out - he was here less than 2 minutes.  If I had known this black box existed I would have been able to plug it in/out myself when speaking on the phone with the technician instead of him having to send someone out to my home.  I AM ABSOLUTELY NOT PAYING $150 FOR SOMETHING THAT IS VERIZON'S FAULT TO BEGIN WITH.

0 Likes
Re: BILLING ERROR - CONTESTING CHARGES
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi judym1211,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes