Billing
Saber71

After having been with Direct TV for nearly ten years I switched to Verizon for the Thriple Play, the cost was pretty good, but I had no idea what I was getting into when I switched.  I feel like I'm in a room FULL of pick-pockets every single month.  Not one bill has been the amount that was quoted me when I signed-up.  EVERY TIME there are new items on my bill that I didn't ask for, didn't want and most certaily do not want to pay for., but I have been because I'm a good customer.  I had read up on Verizon before I switched and heard these types of complaints, but man did I have no idea what I was getting into.  I just told customer service that if it happens again, I'll gladly pay the cancelation fees and go by to Direct TV, which is much, much, MUCH more customer service friendly and professional.

Since I'm on a rant and it actually feels pretty good to get this out.  I think I'll touch a little on the quality of the DVRs that I have through Verizon...as compared to Direct TV.  There is no real comparison, Direct TV beats Verizion absolutely without question...hands down.  The DVR for Verizon is filled with advertising and items that you just don't want to see.  The day-to-day operation of the DVR is much more difficult to us and not as user friendly as my previous Direct TV DVR.  I would compare the two between a professional football player (Direct TV DVR) and a Junior High School football player (Verizon DVR).  I made a list of things that I wanted to speak with Verizon about to let them know how they were lagging in this area, but just gave up.  There is no way someone would want to stay on the line with me that long.

I don't think it would be fair to just critize without saying what I do like about my Verizon service.  The price for the Triple Play is very good...at least it would be if I ever got the bill I was quoted when I signed-up...we'll see what happens next month.  There are are few more bells and whistles with the Triple Play.  For example, the Widgets and the TV service is supposed to link up to my computer pictures as a screen saver type thing...if I could ever figure out how to do it.  See, there is not user manual for the Triple Play, which is way crazy. 

Summary:  price would be the only reason to say with Verizon.  They have a good initial price, but wants it starts to go up...which it inevitibly will, the headache and crud of having to deal with the pick-pocket type of mentality with Verizon will not be worth it. 

I wonder how long this will be online.

Good luck to all.

0 Likes
Re: Billing
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Sorry to hear about the billing troubles you are having. I have sent you a private message to get more information.

0 Likes
Re: Billing
charlie287
Enthusiast - Level 1

I HAVE ABOUT THE SAME STORY! MY BILL IS NEVER THE SAME.. I HAD A "BAD' BOX, GOT NEW ONE. THE NEW BOX WAS NOT PROGRAMMED RIGHT.. GOT ANOTHER ONE . IT WAS NOT RIGHT. GOT ANOTHER. SINCE I CHANGED( 2 BAD BOXES) IN THE MIDDLE OF A BILLING CYCLE, I WAS CHARGED!  MY BILL WAS SUPPOSED TO BE $117(APPOX.)  IT HAS BEEN 148, 128, &158..... WHAT'S UP WITH THAT...  CUSTOMER SERVICE SEZ "I LOST MY $19.99 REBATE AFTER 90 DAYS". NOT!  BRIGHTHOUSE CABLE, DISH NETWORK & DIRECT TV CAN DO IT ( SAME EVERYTHING)  FOR ABOUT $100..GO FIGURE!

0 Likes