How do i setup my p265 remote to operate sound on my bose home theater

0 Likes
Re: Bose home theater
22Becca22
Contributor - Level 3

@Plinebar wrote:

How do i setup my p265 remote to operate sound on my bose home theater

Hello,

In order to control this type of auxiliary device, you'll need a 4-button Verizon FiOS remote to sync the remote to your BOSE home theater.   The 4-button remote is considered universal as it has the 'DVD' and 'Aux'iliary buttons along with the 'STB' and 'TV' buttons.

The P265 (if you are quoting the remote model #) is a 2-button remote that has only the 'STB' and 'TV' buttons.

Once you have a 4-button remote, you can try programming the remote using one of the following methods:

a) from the FiOS TV remote, go to --- Menu -- Customer Support -- In Home Agent -- Program Remote Control.  Select the 4-button remote that you have. Click OK on ''Audio Receiver" (or "Audio Amplifier"), scroll to the right and select BOSE to obtain the applicate list of codes that would work. Click OK and then on the next screen select 'Show me the programming steps'.

OR

b) from the in home agent application (verizon.come/inhomeagent), click on the 'Remote Control' image. Select 'Program FiOS Remote Control, select your 4-button remote, hit Next until you reach Step 4  Programming your Remote Control -- Select Device Type, click on 'Audioreceiver' or 'AudioAmplifiers', select BOSE from the list, hit 'Next'. Follow Steps 6 of 7.

OR

c) from the link below, select the User Guide for your Verizon remote

http://www22.verizon.com/Support/Residential/tv/fiostv/remote+controls/user+guides/user+guides.htm

and go to the 'Codes for Audio Receivers' or 'Codes for Audio Amplifiers' section for the list of codes and then proceed to the section 'How to Program Your Remote' and follow the steps indicated there.

Do note that If you order a new set top box, the remote that is sent/given by default for free is the newer 2-button remote.

To get a 4-button remote, you can purchase one:

a) online via verizon.com/fiosaccessories (note the price and any shipping charges), OR

b) by calling Customer Service at 1-800-Verizon (note the price and any shipping charges), OR

c) by going to a local Verizon FiOS store (call first to see if they have them in stock; no shipping charge). For a list of local FiOS stores: http://www22.verizon.com/Support/Residential/TV/FiOSTV/General+Support/Account+Issues/QuestionsOne/8...

If all else fails and you've exhausted all the codes, you can try contacting Verizon's Technical Support via live chat or by calling 1-888-553-1555 for further assistance.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
Re: Bose home theater
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes