Breach of contract
DCPerkins

I signed up for Verizon Fios sometime in August/Septemeber while the promotion for triple play was at a reasonable price as well as a $300.00 gift card.  Within days of the installation (more on that later), I upgraded the TV channels and the interenet. The $300.00 gift card would be sent in 60 days.  On November 13th I called to find the status of the gift card and was told that I was no longer eligible.  What?  After 2 phone calls I finally got Steven {edited for privacy} on the line and asked what was going on.  After being on hold for some time, he came back and said he did not know why it was cancelled, but that I certainly did qualify for the $300.00 gift card.  I was put back on hold while he intiated the gift card again.  He came back on the line and said it was back in the system and that since it was already past the 60 days that I shold get it by December 13th.  Well December 13th and no gift card.  I called and spoke with Gale and asked " where is my card?".  Gale said "Congratulations Verizon just approved your gift card today" and that it would be a few weeks for me to get it.  Really?  I asked her why i had to wait since I should have gotten it before Novemeber 13th and then definitely before December 13th.  Thinking breach of contract on Verizon's part.

Now back to the installation.  Is it standard practice for the initial tech to come and hook up FIOS and 6 TV's with DVR's, the router, and the hub(?) that was screwed to my back porch, to leave without checking that all TV's are getting the services that I am paying for?  Because this tech did NOT.  Not even going to discuss the amount of phone calls and the time spent talking to support and rebootting over and over.  Not one TV had on demand or channel guide.  This went on for a few weeks.  One support tech said it was the router and sent another one.  I had to reconnect that one and the whole wireless network and still no on demand/channel quide.  Called again.  This support tech was going to have me reboot everything again.  I said no, you send someone to fix this and they are not leaving until every TV has all the services.  Robin (an angel) came and tried everything.  After several hours and nothing left except the hub(?) on the back porch, she swapped that out.  Low and behold every TV now had all the services.  While she was trying to figure out what was going on, she discovered that my son's room and my daughter's room was not wired correctly.  She redid them both.  So the question is how can the intial tech leave me with a defected hub(?)  I don't know if it is a hub, Robin told me what it was, but I can't remember. 

I was without some services for about a month,  paid my bill on time,  and you can't get me my $300.00 gift card within 60 days?  That card would have been nice for Christmas.  

David {edited for privacy}

0 Likes
Re: Breach of contract
DCPerkins

Why is there no responce to my post?  I'd like to know where my $300.00 gift card is and where I can file an official complaint.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Have you contacted Verizon again to see if they can trace the card?

0 Likes
thebusdriver
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a similar issue, my card was cancelled because I upgraded my service.