Can I get FIOS? Is the website checker accurate??
chickadee

When I enter my phone number into the "Can I get FIOS?" web page on Verizon's website to check if FIOS is available at my address, it tells me "Congratulations! Your location qualifies for our FIOS services."  Really????  We don't see the fiber optic cable on the pole line on our street.  When did Verizon install it?  If I call residential customer service can they verify that it has been installed on my street?  (FYI, my husband is a retired Verizon line man and he knows what to look for vis a vis the pole line on our street.)  It was definitely not buried, so if it was not aerially installed, it ain't there!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can I get FIOS? Is the website checker accurate??
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

I would suggest double-checking by using the address search feature as well. Also, if you call customer service they should be able to tell you.

View solution in original post

somegirl
Champion - Level 3

I would suggest double-checking by using the address search feature as well. Also, if you call customer service they should be able to tell you.

chickadee

Somegirl . . . you were right.  When I enter my phone number to check for fios availability, the website says fios is available.  When I enter my address, the website says fios is NOT available.  If the phone number isn't accurate, Verizon should remove that from the checking function.  Thank you for solving the problem for me.

0 Likes
HughB
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is the website checker accurate?? Not on your life!

0 Likes