Complete FIOS Installation!
iHateCharter
Enthusiast - Level 1

I live in long beach CA. We currently have FIOS in our area but I live in an APT building. 4 weeks ago they completed FIOS installation in our complex, I have a nice lil Verizon box in my closet ready to go, however my address is not available for fios for over a month after installation..Looking around I can see why.The building is all wired up and boxes all set...Except for the big spool of fiberoptic cable up on the utility pole waiting to be wired up.

How long Will it take to have a crew come around and splice the main line in? The installers told me the week they were done I can order and will be good to go, but nothing. ive called CSX service maby 8 times with the same message about putting a letter to engineering and will call me back, nothing.  Who do I need to contact about getting this installation completed so I can get going?  Any help on this will be appreciated!

Re: Complete FIOS Installation!
Shamika_VZ
Contributor - Level 3
Hello,

We would like to assist you with your trouble. I sent you a private message for further assistance.

Shamika_Vz
Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

JustaGuy
Contributor - Level 2

@iHateCharter wrote:

I live in long beach CA. We currently have FIOS in our area but I live in an APT building. 4 weeks ago they completed FIOS installation in our complex, I have a nice lil Verizon box in my closet ready to go, however my address is not available for fios for over a month after installation..Looking around I can see why.The building is all wired up and boxes all set...Except for the big spool of fiberoptic cable up on the utility pole waiting to be wired up.

How long Will it take to have a crew come around and splice the main line in? The installers told me the week they were done I can order and will be good to go, but nothing. ive called CSX service maby 8 times with the same message about putting a letter to engineering and will call me back, nothing.  Who do I need to contact about getting this installation completed so I can get going?  Any help on this will be appreciated!

Verizon spent a good deal of money doing what you described and the sooner they get subscriptions in your building the sooner they recover their investment.  The people you need to have call Verizon is the building management.  They must have given permission for the install and have the name and contact info for the Verizon Rep that handled their building.  I'm guessing here, but they can contact that person and get answers/action quicker than you.

iHateCharter
Enthusiast - Level 1

The management contacted the peeps that installed for the building. They are priv contractors for Verizon and get paid per unit wiring, once the units are wired, they end at the pole , this is where Verizon engineering comes behind and complete. They say there done and its out of there hands at this point.

ive called, ive filed out forms..Nothing, and nothing...

0 Likes