Conflicting information- not honoring their word
Señora
Enthusiast - Level 1

I called Fios yesterday about changing my services (I want to drop cable and phone). The customer service representative yesterday told me no early termination fee would be assessed because I was starting a new two-year contract with only the internet. I made sure I asked this question, to avoid the situation that happened today. 

Today I called to cancel the cable and phone and the customer service respresentative and supervisor told me that the $130 earl termination fee would apply.

Two days, two different sets of information. I am completely frustrated. I have never had an issue with Verizon Fios and usually sing your praises. We decided to keep Verizon internet (despite others being cheaper) because we have NEVER had an issue with our internet and the service has been exceptionally relable. This experience is now making me doubt our decision to stay with Verizon.

0 Likes
Re: Conflicting information- not honoring their word
jonjones1
Legend

@Señora wrote:

I called Fios yesterday about changing my services (I want to drop cable and phone). The customer service representative yesterday told me no early termination fee would be assessed because I was starting a new two-year contract with only the internet. I made sure I asked this question, to avoid the situation that happened today. 

Today I called to cancel the cable and phone and the customer service respresentative and supervisor told me that the $130 earl termination fee would apply.

Two days, two different sets of information. I am completely frustrated. I have never had an issue with Verizon Fios and usually sing your praises. We decided to keep Verizon internet (despite others being cheaper) because we have NEVER had an issue with our internet and the service has been exceptionally relable. This experience is now making me doubt our decision to stay with Verizon.

I would look into the other cable provider. I don’t like companies that lie and cheat to effect a sale. The trouble is each representative is not trained to give uniform information. Tech support reps have a database on a screen so they follow procedures to assist. In sales and retention’s it is what ever limit they can go down to and the cost per customer base which can be expected.

Never sign any contract. You can get just a low price without being locked in. Remember to mention after the contract ends you are jumping to the other provider.

and get everything in writing, on the spot not I will send it later or you will see the savings within x number of months. Get it immediately or go to the other company.

Señora
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yeah. We are looking at other options today (Cox and AT&T). Good advice about contracts. Any other companies I can look at? Comcast is not available in my area.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@Señora wrote:

Yeah. We are looking at other options today (Cox and AT&T). Good advice about contracts. Any other companies I can look at? Comcast is not available in my area.

I don’t know where your located. I am a customer like you. However if you google cable internet in zip code (insert your zip code) then hit enter the services will show that are available. In my area we have Charter/Spectrum which was Time Warner cable before they were merged. You may have them or another provider in your locale. 

Good luck and remember no contracts. In my area the cable company has a promotion where they pay you up to $600 to switch. To pay early termination fees. So there may be similar offers where you are.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Señora,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes