coupon advert popup --- annoying
dale5351
Enthusiast - Level 3

I very recently have joined FIOS and these forums.  Ever since, I frequently get a green popup on the upper right part of the screen that wants me to print coupons.   I have a popup blocker enabled, but cannot figure out how to make those coupon advert popups go away.  They don't even have a red x that allows me to dismiss them.  They cover up part of the web page so that I cannot use it.  UGH!

Help please?

0 Likes
Re: coupon advert popup --- annoying
Hubrisnxs
Legend

did you install the Verizon Toolbar,  Is the coupun coming from there?  and is there a settings link on that toolbar? 

he Verizon Toolbar settings can be modified by selecting the Settings icon on the right side of the Verizon Toolbar and modifying the settings to reflect your preferences. The Settings icon looks like a wrench.

Toolbar Preferences
0 Likes
Re: coupon advert popup --- annoying
dale5351
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the response.  You were close, and led me to figure it out.

It was the verizon tool bar, but It is not the wrench icon that needs to be accessed, but one that was hidden and had to be accessed using the >>.   That shows an icon for the popup called coupons & deals.  A click on that a larger and movable popup occurs.  It has a tab at the bottom that says "manage alerts", and a check box for "enable alerts".  I have removed the check from that box and *hopefully* these annoying ads will go away.