customer complaint on robo calls
jeff1208
  • Today, I received a call and a voicemail was left for me stating that there was great news, that Verizon was going to upgrade my ONT at no cost.  Just call back to schedule the appointment.   
  • Well, on my valuable time on a Saturday, I call back as requested.  After much time on hold, I was sent to a customer service representative that was asking me a whole bunch of questions to try to UPSELL me more internet service.  I declined.  I was then told that I was not eligible for an upgrade on my ONT and that the robocall was in error.   SO, AS FAR AS I CAN TELL, THIS IS A CLEAR CASE OF "BAIT AND SWITCH".  I asked for a supervisor and got Mr Luis at office #152, who was no more apologetic and appeared to be annoyed at my frustration and compliant.  I asked him to file a complaint.  From the sounds of it, I doubt that will happen.  Thank you VERIZON for wasting my valuable time off on a Saturday.
0 Likes
Re: customer complaint on robo calls
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you sure that is a Verizon number?

From one of Verizon's robocall blocking vendor, I can verify that is a  Robocaller and the vendor advises not to answer.

Can you give us your ONT's model number so we the CLs here can determine whether you are likely to receive an upgrade?

Furthermore, if you received this robocall on your Fios digital voice line, you can go to your account page and enable Robocall blocker at no charge.

0 Likes
jeff1208

Yes - definitely Verizon number.  They verified account info and all.

I do not know the model number of my ONT (it's white rectangular case), but I do know that I could not upgrade my bandwidth past 75 mbps (maybe 100) because it was an old ONT.

Call was on my mobile (profile) number.

0 Likes
LilLarry

The number is legit but most people don't need to upgrade their ONT. This is mostly a way for Verizon to get the customer on the phone to upsell.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

This thread will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes