Customer Service is terrible and insulting
stephenboese

I have had two issues with Verizon since signing up a week ago.  (see my recent posts about battery back-up and availability of the Sundance channel)

In my experience, engaging with Verizon customer service is like engaging in a discussion with a wall.  These employees apparently have no authority to engage in a discussion, but instead give irrelevant pre-scripted replies to inquiries.  FIne-- I had Verizon years ago and learned that Verizon customer service was terrible then.  Apparently, it still is.  Worse than Time Warner, and that's saying something.

But--one Verizon employee really added insult to injury, and in my opinion should be reprimanded.   I explained to him that the Sundance Channel was not available on Prime HD or the Starz-Showtime Pack, even though Verizon advertised its availability on both.  He said that he would email me an offer to get a few free DVD rentals from Redbox to "make it up to me."  He then abruptly hung up before I could reply.  When the email arrived, it was the same sign-up offer for the Verizon Redbox offer that has already been sent to me and is advertised on the website.    It requires a signup to Redbox. There was nothing special about this.

It is bad enough that, in my experience, Verizon customer service is generally unresponsive and unhelpful.  This behavior crossed the line to condescending and rude.

0 Likes