Customer service number
Rocks911
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just spent 40 minutes on chat with verizon and they ended up telling me to call because they could not provide specific prices. After chatting for 40 minutes about what I do and dont want in my TV and movie package and what speed of interent service I want (the speed I have now is not offerred, I either have to drop back in speed or drastically speed up, I'm guessing that will cost more) I'm told to call.

I try calling and I am connected to Verizon wireless I DONT HAVE VERIZON WIRELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I sign in to my account and work through several pages of my account and find a contact number and dial it. It is verizon wireless, I DONT HAVE VERIZON WIRELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So I go to the FIOS page and there is a number for sales. I call the number and am connected to sales....whew I think finally...."If you would like to add a line to your verizon wireless account press 1, if you would like..... I DONT HAVE VERIZON WIRELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Could someone tell me who to call to have my home bundle renegotiated? Please?

I knew I was going to hate this.

One hour in and I've accomplished nothing.

0 Likes
Re: Customer service number
hracer
Contributor - Level 2

Call 1-800-837-4966 or referred to as (800)-Verizon

0 Likes
MikeInBethesda
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hey Rocks911,

I see that you're beginning your Verizon customer service experience and wanted to offer you these tips.

- Some common tactics you'll see during your experience:

1) One customer service rep referring you to another department. This is an attempt for the service rep to dump your problem onto someone else who will also have no idea how to solve your problem.

2) Disconnecting your call.  Ask for your reps name and if possible employee number at the start of the call. Also give them a contact number so that they can call you back if you're disconnected. They won't call you back, but it shows you made an effort.

3) Make up a story for what your problem is. You may talk to 3+ reps during this experience and they'll all give you a different story.

4) Give you "direct line" numbers, that when you call them will have you wait for 45 minutes and then disconnect you. Just don't bother trusting any numbers they give you.

This message won't help you per se, but it'll get you prepared for the experience.

Cheers,

Mike

0 Likes
hracer
Contributor - Level 2

When you call Verizon. There are only 2 places you will really speak to. It will be Sales/Billing or Tech Support. If you are not getting the support or information that you need, then I would ask for a supervisor. DO NOT LET THEM TELL YOU THAT THEY DO NOT HAVE ONE OR WILL HAVE TO HAVE THEM CALL YOU BACK. They all have supervisors and are required to provide you one upon request. If the rep is willing to help you, then I would let them help you out still.Yelling will not get you anywhere so don't do it.

Rocks911
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the replies.

I never yell at them. I know they're in some sh*tty job.

Its the people at the top that are to blame, and karma will get them.

My STB price just went up, I guess the $26 Million the CEO made last year wasnt enough, he must need more of my money.

I'm prepping my house to drop cable, that will be a sweet day.

0 Likes