Damaged Verizon Utility/Switch Box in Neighborhood
henriettab

Unfortunately Verizon provides no good way to report these types of issues so I am posting to the forum! There is an open switch/utility box (see picture) in the neighborhood. It appears the locking mechanism is broke because the wind continuosuly blows the doors open. This box is right next to the bus stops where children/teens are being let off and they have messed with this box in the past. There is a notice on the box that says "Property of Verizon.  In an emergency call 800-275-2355". I called that number to report but the message is "This is a non working number". I've called the only number available for Verizon, their standard customer service line which continuosly assumes you must be calling about a personal account.image

0 Likes
Re: Damaged Verizon Utility/Switch Box in Neighborhood
henriettab

BTW, I did call customer service and they opened a repair request but then I get a message saying they tested my line and found the problem to be resolved (after spending 5 minutes trying ot explain to the rep that the problem was with VERIZONS SWITCH BOX... not my personal account/device).  I also tried via chat and a different customer service rep still did not understand I was trying to report that VERIZON has an unsecured peice of equipement.

0 Likes
Re: Damaged Verizon Utility/Switch Box in Neighborhood
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi henriettab,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases." You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe." Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes