Discontinue Service, but keep verizon.net email
lffrank
Enthusiast - Level 1

I called Verizon and was told I could keep my email address if I moved and discontinued my service.  I would have to pay 19.95 a month.  They told me I had to go online to purchase the service.  Has anyone done this, and if so where do you go to sign up for the service. 

0 Likes
Re: Discontinue Service, but keep verizon.net email
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

They might have been referring to the Verizon Your Domain service, but I'm not sure if that will let you keep your verizon.net accounts or just the custom ones. I'd suggest verifying with a Verizon rep.

As an alternative if that doesn't work, you might be able to keep an active dial-up account with Verizon to keep your primary and up to 3 sub accounts active. Not sure of the pricing on this, and I know there are some dial packages that don't allow sub accounts and some that do. I would make sure to be VERY clear with the agent what it is your are trying to do.

0 Likes
KingKoz

Huh? If you drop Verizon you will still need an ISP (Internet Service Provider) So, why would you want to pay $20/month more JUST to keep verizon.net emails. Think of it this way. If you move from New York City, NY to Dallas, TX would you call the post office and ask to keep your NY mailing address even though you now live in TX?You might have them forward your mail to the new address but that won't last long. The difference with an ISP is once you are no longer a subscriber, you no longer get access to their services.

If your objective is to NOT have to change everything to your new ISP then I have 2 suggestions; 1) go to a place like Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail or any other web based FREE email services and give that one out. That way, no matter how many times you change your ISP, you can still get your email and do not have to give out a new email address. 2) go to a email forwarding place like Bigfoot.net and get a free lifetime email forwarding address. This way, you give out one email address for the rest of your life and only have to change your old address to your new address in one place.

Koz

0 Likes
ohpoleez
Contributor - Level 2

@somegirl wrote:

They might have been referring to the Verizon Your Domain service, but I'm not sure if that will let you keep your verizon.net accounts or just the custom ones. I'd suggest verifying with a Verizon rep.

The domain name service does not let you keep verizon.net accounts.  Smiley Sad

0 Likes