Discontinuing Protection Service
jet1950
I want to discontinue my protection plan as I have a new mac computer to replace the pc this protected.
0 Likes
Re: Discontinuing Protection Service
Harles
Enthusiast - Level 3

Which product are you subscribed to? If Premium Technical Support(PTS), be aware there is a 10-month committment/contract for the $19.99 PTS.

I recommend contacting Verizon at 800-VERIZON and placing a service order to have the product removed from your account.

richmondred13

Jet,

Harles is right!  If you haven't had your protection plan, and do believe its the "expert care-premium" one, for at least 10 months, there is a $59.99 early termination fee. 

Since I'm a brand new subscriber not only to Verizon's FIOS bundle but also to this forum, do you know if that protection plan can cover your Mac?  I don't have one and frankly, can't remember if my agent advised me on it or not since I told her my computer was an e-machine.

I don't know about you but I LOVE my protection plans--ALL of them--as its already been used AND saved my computer only being installed and online for TWO (2) days !!   No Lie!  They ROCK!!

Hope this helps ya a little!  Take care.

RED

0 Likes
Harles
Enthusiast - Level 3

@richmondred13 wrote:

Jet,

Harles is right!  If you haven't had your protection plan, and do believe its the "expert care-premium" one, for at least 10 months, there is a $59.99 early termination fee. 

Since I'm a brand new subscriber not only to Verizon's FIOS bundle but also to this forum, do you know if that protection plan can cover your Mac?  I don't have one and frankly, can't remember if my agent advised me on it or not since I told her my computer was an e-machine.

I don't know about you but I LOVE my protection plans--ALL of them--as its already been used AND saved my computer only being installed and online for TWO (2) days !!   No Lie!  They ROCK!!

Hope this helps ya a little!  Take care.

RED

Expert Care does not cover Apple products.

Thank you,
Harles

0 Likes
rspence001
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well the question is.......are you talking about the PC protection Plan or Premium Tech Support

If you have the Premium Tech Support and want to cancel it is a $59.99 termination fee if you cancel before the end of your 10 month term

If you have the PC Protection Plan, then Mac's ARE covered as long as it is equipped with an Apple operating system version OS X or newer.  There is no cancellation fee associated with the PC Protection Plan, it is on a month to month basis, but your coverage starts 30 days after your initial sign-up.  The Aggregate Claim Limit on this is $2,500 per 12 month rolling period, so keep that in mind if your Mac is a higher end one.  Also a few other things to consider with this plan

- A (PC or Computer) consists of......."a desktop personal computer or laptop computer and one of each of the following: an associated monitor which must be 19" or smaller, 1 keyboard, 1 mouse, external router, and an external modem.  "

-Does not cover Printers, external speakers, scanners, or any other PC peripherals

-Does not cover Cosmetic Defects

-There is also a $75.00 "service fee" in the event that your PC or monitor requires service, it does not apply for the keyboard, mouse, router or modem though

0 Likes