Dishonest Verizon Sales Representative - Autopay Discount Scam
bluej1

On October 18, 2018:  I called Verizon to purchase Fios for my home. The sales representative told me that I would get the autopay discount as long as I enrolled "any time before the bill payment date". He did not even offer the option to enroll in AutoPay at the time.

On October 21, 2018: A Verizon technician came to my home to set up the service. I enrolled in AutoPay (on October 25th) once I confirmed the internet was working.

On November 22, 2018: I was charged my first Fios bill with NO AutoPay discount. I called Verizon, and they told me that I had to place the first order with AutoPay to get the discount. **This contradicts what the sales representative told me.**. I was flat-out lied to, and now I have to pay the fee. Also, Verizon's website does not mention anything about placing the first order with AutoPay.

The customer service agent gave me a $5 discount just for November, and I was placated ($5 short) for the time being.

A couple of days later, on November 24, 2018: I called Verizon's billing department to see what was up.  They told me I would get the AutoPay discount in 1-2 billing cycles.

On December 22, 2018: I got the next Fios bill. Still no AutoPay discount. I chatted online with a Verizon rep, and they told me the same thing: "Autopay discount is for the new customers and when you enrolled in Autopay you were not the new customer you were an existing one."  It makes sense in those words, but the website says nothing like that. And worse, the original sales rep lied to me about the AutoPay discount.

The customer support agent was as helpful as he was allowed, and gave me $5/mo discount for 12 months.

Verizon promised me $10/mo discount, so I am still being cheated $5 a month. None of this would be an issue if the original sales rep did not lie to me about how the discount works.  I am very disatisifed by the dishonesty of Verizon's sales people. Verizon should honor their promise.

0 Likes
Re: Dishonest Verizon Sales Representative - Autopay Discount Scam
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus
Hi bluej,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.
0 Likes