Disrespected and Disregarded Customer - Worse Than I Ever Imagined
LoyalCustLeavin

I regretfully find myself having to address this complaint over a community message board but it seems that my concerns have fallen on deaf ears with Verizon Wireless Customer Service and the Executive Relations Department.  I have been a Verizon Wireless customer for over 15 years and a FIOS customer for 7+ years and have  had nothing but the upmost respect for this company.  Ironically, this all began when I attempted to bring my Corporate BYOD work line back to Verizon from AT&T. After numerous attempts and a call to Verizon, I opted instead to bring my remaining line over to AT&T since my company offered a generous employee discount and Global Unlimited Data/Calling/Hotspot (I work/travel for an International Bank so this was especially cost effective). 

In March, I paid the bill in full and ported the remaining line to AT&T. Fast forward to September and I receive a letter from a collection agency (on behalf of Verizon) in the amount of $74+fees. In parallel, my mortgage broker notifies me that this dropped my credit score significantly (100+ points!) and they can no longer commit to the loan for a home for which I was scheduled to close on October 7.  To add insult to injury, my current residence is under contract to sell on October 1, my wife is 9 months pregnant and we're literally on verge of breaching contract on purchase of a home and moving into an apartment with a newborn on the way. All of this over a $74 bill we were never aware and quite frankly don't believe we owe.

Nevertheless, we paid the amount in full at the instruction of a Verizon billing/recovery rep who informed us that that the negative mark would be deleted from the account if paid within 30 days of the account closure. I was provided a number for a Credit Recovery Department to seek confirmation of the credit report deletion but I continue to be transferred back to the collection agency or to Verizon reps who are either misinformed or outright lying (I've been told the debt was sold and/or Verizon is not responsible for furnishing credit reporting). 

I finally submitted a formal concern/complaint to the Executive Relations department detailing these events. I was encouraged when I heard back from a representative (omitting personal info) on 9/9/21 who informed they were in receipt of my concern and would follow up within 2 business days. I've sent three follow up emails and an additional complaint and still not received as much as a response email, let alone a phone call.  

I have a wealth of experience in Consumer/Commercial/Institutional Complaint handling, Enterprise Risk Management and Corporate Governance at one of worlds largest international banks (with a Corporate Relationship as mentioned above).  I'm honestly shocked to see how prevalent similar complaints/concerns are within this messaging board. It speaks volume to company culture and represents a clear failure in the design of the policies, procedures, and processes that are described on the Corporate Website. In the past three weeks I can personally point to nearly a dozen examples of interactions (or lack thereof) that represent violations of Verizon's "Creedo" and/or Code of Conduct. 

At the very least, I'd expect Verizon to keep its word and at the very least provide a status update within the prescribed time frames. Second, I'd like to reach resolution on this matter before the end of this week considering the personal circumstances I'm facing. This has serious implications for not only me, but my wife, daughter and unborn child. I've remained nothing but polite and respectful throughout this process and now feel nothing but disregarded and disrespect in return. At a minimum, I will be cancelling my FIOS at the end of the this month and deciding my next steps from there. I'm still hopeful that Verizon will do the right thing and treat a longtime customer with the respect and dignity I deserve.  

If anyone has experience with escalating unresolved  or unresponsive concerns/complaints with Executive Relations that would be extremely helpful. I'm trying to resolve this matter directly through communication channels made available by Verizon. I certainly understand through my current line of work that handling every complaint/concern for a business this size is no small feat. However, patience and confidence wears thin when it begins to feel like the policies, procedures and processes are intentionally designed to destroy livelihoods permanently (for 7 years) irrespective of any context, circumstance, etc.  

0 Likes
Re: Disrespected and Disregarded Customer - Worse Than I Ever Imagined
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi LoyalCustLeavin,

Please be aware that these forums are dedicated to residential products and services offered by Verizon. For Verizon Wireless issues, please visit the Verizon Wireless Community.

0 Likes
LoyalCustLeavin

Hi GaryDM,

I understand your position so I'd like to respectfully elaborate on relevancy. This particular concern (IMO) is relevant to both forums where I'm duly holding a wireless/residential account has detrimental impact. For example, Verizon's automated IVR system has repeatedly redirected me to FIOS customer service department when trying to resolve this issue related to the wireless account. I.e., my status as a current/longstanding FIOS customer has actually hindered my ability to resolve a wireless concern.

Additionally, I'm unable to sign on to the Verizon Wireless Community since the MyVerizon account is disconnected. I'd imagine this would present a similar problem if I were current Wireless customer with a disconnected FIOS account.

Last, Verizon doesn't offer a community board for customers with issues relating to cross product/service relationships so it feels my concerns around customer service and  the executive relations department  have no distinct home. It seems that the executive relations department should be responsible for answering these questions and resolving concerns but the lack of engagement/resolution from HQ speaks to a void in the customer engagement/resolution space.

Respectfully,

Long time customer

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi LoyalCustLeavin,

For assistance with your issue, you will need to post in the Wireless Community.  You can create a community-only account there by clicking the sign-in button at the top right corner of that community's home page.

0 Likes