Does anyone switch from Triple plan to Internet only?
HV2020

Hi,

I just wonder if anyone can switch from Triple plan to Internet only with good deal?

I currently have Triple Plan(already expired) with no contract. Every time I call Verizon to change the plan, they jack up the price of internet. I've been with Verizon nearly 18 years and I don't have to need for home phone and TV anymore. We mostly use youtube  and netflix. So, internet would be the best fit. I often see Verizon advertises good price on internet plan but for new customer only. What the heck! Loyalty customer is not appreciated anymore.

I just wish there were more internet companies compete just like wireless carriers.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Mix and Match is a JOKE!!! About to drop cable if this continues
HV2020

I currently have triple plan and no contract attached. I just want to switch to Internet only. Is it possible? Based on what you discuss here, it's hard to work with Verizon. I've been with Verizon nearly 18 years. 

0 Likes
Re: Does anyone switch from Triple plan to Internet only?
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

My mom just did the same thing. I told her to downgrade to 100/100 and use here own router. She uses YouTube TV and Netflix. 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

If you call 1-800-VERIZON you can if not under contract drop down to internet only.

but be sure to continue to state NO CONTACT over and over so as to save headaches later.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

For some reason this was not showing. 

If you call 1-800-VERIZON you can if not under contract drop down to internet only.

but be sure to continue to state NO CONTACT over and over so as to save headaches later.

0 Likes
oceanexpress1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just dropped to internet only - 75/75.  Cost is $87/month all-in which includes a router rental and requires a 2 year commitment. If cancelled within 2 years, must pay a $165 penalty fee). No commitment price was ~$95/month (not sure if this inc. taxes or not).  I wanted to continue to use my existing router (with no rental fee), however, they told me that my existing router (FIOS-G1100) supports the tv boxes, thus they want it back...

What really bothers me about Verizon's business practice is zero transparency when it comes to pricing.  As an existing customer, you cannot find pricing when looking to change services.  The Verizon rep I brought this up with on the phone apologized for how they do this and explained that a representative has to provide pricing.  All the services I am moving to offer complete pricing transparency (youtube.tv, netflix, amazon...)... and I like this!

0 Likes