Does Verizon really bury cable and phone lines?
sdistefa

I currently have arial service but need to have the lines buried in my yard due to the location of a swimming pool and an addition that is being built on my home.  After being transferred 3 times this morning, I spoke with a representative that told me that my lines are supposed to be arial and cannot be buried, but he would have someone from dispatch call me within 24 - 48 hours.  I have read on this site that someone has had issues with verizon closing their burial ticket several times without any action.  So, Verizon, what's the story.  Do you bury or don't you. The pole is in my backyard, and I already have conduit run. 

0 Likes
Re: Does Verizon really bury cable and phone lines?
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Hello sdistefa,

While a Verizon employee may occasionally post here, this community is meant mainly for peer-to-peer support. If you need to talk to a Verizon representative, you should contact customer service directly.

0 Likes
Hank4EastFalls

I had existing underground service for cable and telephone which ran through a conduit much as you describe.  Verizon sent a contractor to the house to make sure that all the digging was done properly and that the fiber optic line could be pulled through the conduit. The Verizon installer made sure that the fiber optic line was connected properly.

Since I had existing service, they used the old copper (telephone) wire to pull the fiber.  As I recall, when the first installation was done, the contractors used an air dart which was connected to a length of "mule" tape in order to transit the conduit.  Then it was a simple task to pull the wires through.

If the conduit exists and you have access to both ends, it should not be too much of a problem.

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

Essentially in areas that aren't require burial of such lines, they don't do it.  But you may be able to get a contractor do it with their approval.

0 Likes
sdistefa

I understand that this is a peer-to-peer support type of area.  I am just wondering if anyone has ever successfully had their verizon lines buried or successfully received a call back from dispatch or if their tickets were all closed without resolution.

0 Likes