Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu

DVR upgrade question...

scarredgod
Contributor
Contributor

DVR upgrade question...

Message 1 of 6
(4,643 Views)

Hello, I currently use a High Definition Set Top Box at $9.99 a month and I see that I can get an HD DVR for $14.99 a month. If I decided to upgrade to the DVR, do I still need to keep the HD STB as well or do I give that one back and just use the DVR? If so, then my bill should only go up by $5 a month, is that true?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
GaryDoug
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III

Re: DVR upgrade question...

Message 2 of 6
(4,615 Views)

That's true. If you are in a hurry and don't want to wait for a delivery, you can actually just take the stb to a verizon store and have them give you a dvr. The downside of that is you might have to activate it yourself (via a phonecall). In my area the DVR price is 15.99 a month, so for me it's $6 more.

jumpin68ny
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 3 of 6
(4,587 Views)

For $19.99 a month you may want to also consider the Multi-Room DVR.  This will allow you to watch any recorded show on any other TV (with a STB) in your home.  The only caveat is if you record an HD show the STB in the other room must be an HD STB.  If you record the show in SD than you can watch that show on a SD STB. 

Jim

DeepPrpl
Contributor
Contributor

Message 4 of 6
(4,521 Views)

Sorry if this is off topic but - it is relative to "DVR upgrading".   Can I add an external HD so as to increase that available storage space on my HD DVR?

GaryDoug
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III

Message 5 of 6
(4,514 Views)

Not at this time.... possibly scheduled for later this year (or next?). You can expand a Tivo unit of course, but can't use the VOD features then.

lasagna
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 6 of 6
(4,474 Views)

Along the same line if you go the Home Media route ... Verizon was offering a HD DVR bundle discount -- not sure if they still are.  For me with a Home Media HD DVR and 3 HD STB's ... it took the monthly price for the STB rental from $49.96 to $38.99.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title