Fios autopay discount ended?
jg94
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have Gigabit internet and for the last several months have been getting $10 off my bill each month as part of the autopay discount. This month my bill randomly went up by $10. I didn't change anything, so my assumption was that Fios ended the promotion, since my bill indicated that I was no longer getting the autopay discount. I didn't see anything about it online so wanted to check here and see if it was just a glitch in my individual bill or if it was ended for everybody.

For reference I also have Mobile+Home rewards and that discount still appears on the bill. (I.e. I was getting $20 off total before and now it's $10) So I know it's not an issue with that.

0 Likes
Re: Fios autopay discount ended?
jonjones1
Legend

Although I don’t advocate any type of auto pay discount or not, it could be that your old way of paying was with a credit card. Did you pay with a credit card? Or was it from your checking or savings account? Did your bank change it’s routing or account number? If so that would have cancelled it out.

the only credit card that Verizon allows for auto pay is their own branded Visa card. No others.

call 1-800-VERIZON and speak to a customer service rep. However be careful and make no changes to your actual account since Verizon likes to fiddle with accounts to make more revenue. Repeat over and over “make no changes to my account” 

even though I doubt they actually record these conversations.

jg94
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was using and continue to use the Verizon Visa. I have made no changes to my payment method or literally anything else, it just went up randomly on its own.

jonjones1
Legend

Check both an older invoice and a new one.

check line by line. You then know what changed.

if your credit card payment is no longer being applied for the $10 off ($5 for auto pay and $5 for paper free billing)

call them.

if it’s just higher and you don’t have auto pay removed and not in contract call and fight with Verizon 

0 Likes
Husky781
Enthusiast - Level 1

same issue since October bill.

called......wireless

told to call FIOS to dispute disciunt

called...FIOS

told no changes to my account

chat, chat, chat different hours and days to reach ENGLISH USA CALLCENTERS

nothing different

$78 wireless bill up to $87, $83 $83......no explanation .

JUST REALLY TIRED AND FRUSTRATED DEALING WITH VERIZON

when Comcast xfinity so close with so much duplication of same services. 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

There can be many different reasons to lose auto pay (which I never recommend)

your card could be a credit card and not a debit card, you are not using the Verizon Visa card which is the only credit card accepted for automatic payment.

your bank routing number is incorrect, or your account number has changed.

and us the payment actually coming out each month for the $10 discount?

many times it is just a price hike, check your online invoice and read it carefully.

0 Likes