Fios Extreme HD Bundle AFTER 1 Year
DCsportFan
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am thinking about purchasing the Verizon Fios Extreme HD Bundle this week, but want to know one thing if someone could help me out. The price for the bundle is $104.99/month without the receiver fees. It says regular price is $124.99/month without receiver fees. What I'm asking is, after the first year, will it be $124.99/month or will it stay at the $104.99/month for the first two years? Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Fios Extreme HD Bundle AFTER 1 Year
prisaz
Legend

@DCsportFan wrote:

I am thinking about purchasing the Verizon Fios Extreme HD Bundle this week, but want to know one thing if someone could help me out. The price for the bundle is $104.99/month without the receiver fees. It says regular price is $124.99/month without receiver fees. What I'm asking is, after the first year, will it be $124.99/month or will it stay at the $104.99/month for the first two years? Thanks

At least from my location it states 104.99/month guaranteed for two years, regular price 124.99. They should just drop the regular price unless that is for existing customers, which I think it is. The unbundled price is considerably more. So if you are a new customer it is 104.99/month. I do not work for Verizon, and this being a peer to peer forum, only Verizon could answer that question. It used to be that if you committed to another two years you would get the discount, and that seemed to change at some point for existing customers. Wish it would be for everyone.

Until I believe this week, the 104.99 was only for the first year, and they have changed that so it is for two years regarding new customers. I guess they wanted it to be more attractive. Now what it was a year ago was 1year commitment and two year guarantee, and the newer deal was not as attractive, so it was changed to two years for the price. As an existing customer I believe I would pay $124.99, but my second years is up in November, so for now I am staying put with my 20/5 and Extreme. Unless I decide to drop voice, which is highly probable.

bamboozled
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ask them for the total price. Add in box fees,taxes and any other "miscellaneous" fees and it will be much more than you think.

prisaz
Legend

@bamboozled wrote:

Ask them for the total price. Add in box fees,taxes and any other "miscellaneous" fees and it will be much more than you think.

Yes my $109 plan is actually $147. Just like any provider when you add in set top boxes etc..

Cablecard for my Tivo

Digital adaptor

Two SD STB

Taxes and Fees. Franchise fee is one that gets me. Shouldn't the cable TV franchise fee be a cost for Verizon to do business? It is what it is. But It still saves me money. Add up decent Internet, Telephone, TV, Verizon's bundle still saves you money. Sure there are othe company bundles, like cable, but not like FIOS. Look at what Directv charges just for TV. I used to think Verizon was different in regards to HD. They are in some respect, but since all the bundle changes in the last few years, I am not so sure. I went from Premier to Extreme because I had to keep the same level of HD. Now they have manipulated the packages even more. Now if the Ultimate was truly Ulitmate and included all the premium movie chanels it would be great for those who want it. But sqeezing in Showtime and The Movie Channel Premiums just to keep the same standard HD you previously had, is just not fair.

I may be dropping my voice to go with an international VOIP vendor. I will need to see if they will bundle Internet and TV with a higher bandwidth package. They did, but don't advertise it much.

0 Likes