Forcing users into contracts
vinniec
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had to downgrade my service for a couple of reasons, and was told to maintain my service with Verizon that I had to sign up for 2 years.  Yet Verizon offers no contract for services!  Why do I have to maintain a 2 year contract, if your offerings include no contract.?  Are existing users different than new users?  Does this border on the illegal?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Forcing users into contracts
hracer
Contributor - Level 2

Try this link for more information. http://www.verizon.com/nocontract   Please remember that any time you change your package even if it's Verizon or any company. You are setup for a price and/or package at that time. Prices and packages change as time goes on. If you want to keep what you have, then you should be asking if that price stays after the commitment peroid. If you change anything on your current package, then that is a new package/pricing plan now. As for the 2 year contract it would be best to look at the link to understand how the no contract works what is offered vs with a contract. This is just like getting a auto loan. If you want a lower rate or payment, then you will need to start a new plan. Hope that helps.