Frustrated with poor customer service
TonyPats
Enthusiast - Level 1

I called Verizon technical support on Saturday (2/25) and spoke with Rachel about issues I was having with my HD DVR 6416 box. Time was off, it was rebooting randomly, sound/picture breaking up.    She indicated that it needed a reboot, so rebooted it and told me to watch it for a couple of weeks.

On Saturday morning  (3/10) I called technical support and spoke with John.  As soon as I mentioned I had the HD DVR 6416 box he said that they were having a lot of issues with that box and said he was sending me a replacement box.  I asked if it would be the new large hdd set top box and he said  yes.

On Tuesday evening (3/13) the replacement set top box arrived  via UPS.  It did not automatically verify itself on the network so I tried the manual verification on the web site. That did not work so I ended up having to call technical support.  The set top box I received was the 160GB  HD DVR 7216  box  not the 500GB 7232 box.  I asked the technical support person why and he said there was nothing he could do except transfer me to customer service and they would be able to help me.  I was transferred,  Ms Dominique (sp?)  from customer service answered.  After explaining the situation to her she offered to transfer me to technical support saying they could help me.   After explaining that they (technical support) just transferred me to her.  She said, "oh",  and proceeded to tell me that I could take the HD DVR 7216 to the local Verizon plus store and they would do a straight exchange for the HD DVR 7232 box.   I asked her if I need a order # or something and she said "no" just take it to the store and they would do an even exchange. 

On Thursday (3/15) I packed up my set top box and  headed to the  local (Columbia, MD) Verizon store.  The gentlemen at the store said that they cannot do exchanges for the 7232 box because they do not have any of those boxes.  He expressed  frustration  that the Verizon customer service reps were  telling customers that they could go to the local store and do the exchange.   

On Friday morning at 0930   (3/16)  I called Verizon customer service to find out why I was sent to the local store just to be told that they do not have any HD DVR 7232 boxes for exchanges.  I spoke with Ms. Lee who said that the store did  have the HD DVR 7232 boxes and that I could order one from her right then and pick it up today.   She gave me an order{edited for privacy}.   I went over the to Columbia Store at 3:00pm  and they tried to locate my order #.   They could not find it. They offered to enter a new order # and fill the order but when I told them that I was there to pick up a HD DVR 7232 box  they said that they do not carry that box in the store.   I told them that I confirmed it three times this morning with {edited for privacy} that the store would have the boxes.The stores representative  responded  "customer services screws up all the time, they have no idea what we have in the stores".

SO,  WHY AM I BEING TOLD BY VERIZON CUSTOMER SERVICE TO GO TO THE LOCAL STORE, NOT ONCE BUT TWICE SPENDING MY TIME AND GAS   JUST TO FIND OUT AT THE STORE THAT THEY DO NOT CARRY THE HD DVD 7232 BOXES?   

Re: Frustrated with poor customer service
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hi TonyPats

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes