getting Verizon FiOS feels a lot like work...
adamp1
Enthusiast - Level 1

When the sales guys showed up at my door, I had been thinking about switching to FiOS for a while, so I signed up, even though they sheepishly disclosed that it would take several weeks to complete my installation.  The FiOS line was run a few days later, and my comcast line was cut in the process, still two weeks from my FiOS installation date.  I called to complain, Verizon folks were apologetic, and nothing was done.  I had comcast come fix the line, avoiding digging anywhere near the FiOS line, reconnecting and running a new coax above ground temporarily. 

This past Monday, my much-anticipated install date, I took off work to oversee the install, as required.  The techs mounted the box crooked on the side of the house, drilled a huge, sloppy hole through my siding, left trash around the yard, then discovered there was light from the pole to the house (good cable) but no light from the pole to the box down the street.  Why nobody bothered to check that very easily identified issue until that moment is still a mystery.  The installers left, apologizing, but powerless to fix it. 

I saw a bucket truck working at the very box where the issue had been identified a few hours earlier, then received an email notifying me of a new appointment the next morning.  "Yippee!", I thought.  It will be done tomorrow.  I called to be sure this was all set, and was assured that my 8a-12p install appointment was good to go.  I had to take leave again, the installer, according to tech support, had only one job that day (me) but did not call until 1130.  I established within 30 seconds that he had no idea what had happened the previous day, nor did he have any idea whether or not the line from the pole to the telecom box had been fixed.

The second installer never showed up at my home.  I called and asked for a supervisor, and was told that a supervisor would call me back, which did not happen.  I called again this morning, got a call center in the Philippines, and waited for a supervisor for over 40 minutes.  When "Sam" finally got on the line, I could barely hear him, much less understand him.  I asked him to take me off speaker because I could not understand him, and he got frustrated and hung up.  

I burned two days of leave, and have probably spent three hours on the phone with support, and i still do not have service.  Is it common for Verizon to make getting FiOS service so much work?  I am beginning to think this was a mistake.  Please, tell me why I'm wrong.

0 Likes
Re: getting Verizon FiOS feels a lot like work...
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Some people will say you are making a mistake.

Most probably you are experiencing effects due to the strike.

Re: getting Verizon FiOS feels a lot like work...
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page here on the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.